telerik contols invisible on vs 2019 designer (.Net 5)

1 Answer 32 Views
General Discussions
Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Yong Gu Kang asked on 28 Jun 2021, 03:35 PM

Hi telerik,

I've created .Net 5 project , however  telerik controls can't be seen on xaml designer,  although wpf default controls are shown well.  On running, all controls are seen and working without problem.

With the help of many threads regarding this subject , I  found your reply how to remove designer cache and set the extension option,etc.  While I did all steps as you said, no success yet.  

My situation is as follows, 

- telerik 2021.2.615 and  vs2019  16.10.2 installed.

- projects are created as WPF 5.0 project, not by tererik wpf template because it only support till .net 4.5.

Projects target is 'ANY CPU'.

-  NoXaml dlls are copied to solution folder from installed directory, and all projects referenced  those.

Double checked that no cross referenced dll exists between NoXaml and Xaml dlls.

During checking, I found that toolbox configuratIon  supports only .net 4.5. as attached image. 

Does that mean that I missed something ?  so designer failed to load telerik controls ?

TIA

Kang

Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 30 Jun 2021, 11:00 AM

Hi, telerik.

Please read this thread and reply me.

I hope your answer ASAP.

RGDS

Kang

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
commented on 01 Jul 2021, 01:16 PM

Hi Yong. The Telerik controls built against .NET 6 are working in the Visual Studio's designer. Can you please try the suggestions from the Resolving Design Time Errors article. Also, can you double check if you merged the corresponding resources in App.xaml? If this doesn't help I would suggest you to send over the troublesome project.

About the toolbox, since .NET Core 3.1, in order to see the Telerik controls in the Visual Studio Toolbox, you will need to install the Telerik assemblies using .nuget packages.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 02 Jul 2021, 05:22 AM

Hello Martin,

I've already read and followed your link when I made the project, but I found that I missed one to remove .vs folder, while I removed all bin and obj folders. I didn't expect too much untill removing .vs folder, but all controls shown magically after removing that and clean/rebuild.

Sorry to make you trouble.

Thanks.

Kang.

Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 02 Jul 2021, 05:24 AM

I never used toolbox since SL3.0, but want to clarify if that causes the designer problem. So toolbox is not my concern. Thanks.
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
commented on 02 Jul 2021, 07:55 AM

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved. And I believe that the piece of information for the .vs folder is going to be useful for someone else stumbling on the same issue.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Yong Gu Kang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron