This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TabStrip Orientation

8 Answers 148 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Kapil Koli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kapil Koli asked on 18 Feb 2010, 09:25 AM
Hi,

The current tab strip is shown horizontally which is it's default behaviour.
    Can we have the tab strip vertically placed sothat the tabs will appear on left side of the screen?

Thanks,
Kapil

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2010, 09:51 AM
Hello Kapil Koli,

This is not supported by the TabStrip component. Perhaps you can use the PanelBar for such cases.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Kapil Koli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks Atanas for your quick response.
Can you please tell me in details - How can I create vertical tab strip using panel?

Appreciating your help.

Thanks,
Kapil
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2010, 12:28 PM
Hello Kapil Koli,

I am afraid that the exact behavior of vertical tabstrip cannot be achieved. Still you can check this online example which shows how to add content to the panelbar and see if this is helpful in your case.

Regads,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ilia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi,
Late post, but same problem.
Please, just remove the orientation description from the TabStrip page.
For vertical tabs you can try with vertical menu on a side and an Ajax panel. With OnSelect event on menu you can load the panel. Not tested, yet, but I'll try it soon.
>Off topic<
OnSelect menu I can get the text (problems with i18n) or the index of the element. How can I set/get a different value, an ID or somethin else.
Regards,
Paul
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2011, 03:13 PM
If the MVC tabstrip does not support a vertical orientation, take it off the product page:

http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-mvc/tabstrip.aspx

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 23 Aug 2011, 05:47 PM
Hello Joe,

Thank you for the note and sorry for the discrepancy - the misleading information has been removed from the page by out site administrators.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

cheburek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2011, 02:36 PM
You can do it overriding css class to use display:block for items.
I.e. if you have your tabstrip with id="tabstrip1"

Html.TabStrip("tabstrip1")

then in your css file write the following:
#tabstrip1 .t-tabstrip-items .t-item {display:block !important;}

That's it. Hope this helps somebody...
Shawn
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Apr 2012, 05:33 AM
Nope. Sadly this doesn't help. Though it displays the tabs vertically below each other, each of them still take up the entire width of the tabstrip control, with the content area displayed below the bottom tab, no matter which tab is selected.  What is desired is to have the ability to display the tabs along the left (or right) of the tabstrip content area.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Kapil Koli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Kapil Koli
Top achievements
Rank 1