This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Style changes in 2020.2.513?

1 Answer 140 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Bob asked on 22 May 2020, 08:22 PM

I noticed breaking style changes in our code and realized that some html has changed, and some class assignments may have been removed in the latest Kendo version 2020.2.513.

For example, in 2020.1.406, the windows have the k-header class:

<div class="k-window-titlebar k-header" style="margin-top: -42px;"><span class="k-window-title">Table Wizard</span><div class="k-window-actions">

But in 2020.2.513, this class is gone:

<div class="k-window-titlebar" style="margin-top: -42px;"><span class="k-window-title">Table Wizard</span><div class="k-window-actions">

Another example, the editor toolbar buttons have changed from anchors to buttons:

2020.1.406:

<a tabindex="0" role="button" class="k-tool k-group-start k-group-end k-state-hover" unselectable="on" title="Table Wizard" aria-label="Table Wizard"><span unselectable="on" class="k-tool-icon k-icon k-i-table-properties"></span></a>

2020.2.513:

<button tabindex="0" role="button" class="k-button k-tool k-group-start k-group-end k-state-hover" title="Table Wizard" aria-label="Table Wizard" unselectable="on"><span class="k-icon k-i-table-properties"></span><span class="k-tool-text k-button-text">Table Wizard</span></button>

As this is causing many display issues with our code and automation testing, is there a list of these breaking changes somewhere?

Thanks, Bob

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2020, 02:18 PM

Hello Bob,

The k-header class was removed from the Window rendering in the latest version. I see that we have missed to include that in our Breaking changes article, so I shall see that it is included in a short period of time.

Regarding the buttons in the Editor Toolbar, we did not consider that as a breaking change as the classes used to select the element are basically the same. If you think that the behavior should be regarded as a breaking change, please share your thoughts and arguments about that so that we can take them into consideration. Also, if you have similar examples about undocumented changes, please do not hesitate to share with us.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team