This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Splitter Position

4 Answers 149 Views
PropertyGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 07 May 2019, 03:36 PM
Is there a way to get and set the splitter position?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2019, 11:59 AM
Hello, Stevens,     

In order to move the splitter in RadPropertyGrid, you can define the width of the value column. For this purpose, it is necessary to set the PropertyGridElement.PropertyTableElement.ValueColumnWidth property to the desired value: 

this.radPropertyGrid1.PropertyGridElement.PropertyTableElement.ValueColumnWidth = 40;

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. 

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2019, 03:19 PM

This does not work.  I am setting this property after the call to InitializeComponent

When property grid is displayed it's value = -30 and is displayed as far right as you can get.

What Is the value? Screen Location or Client location or Size in pixels. If it is size then how do I determine that after user adjust location? I am trying to save the users preference to setting and reset it when they run the app again.

Thanks for your help

Accepted
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2019, 07:32 AM
Hello, Stevens,     

Please ensure that the ValueColumnWidth property is set in the Load event after the layout has been successfully performed:  

private void RadForm1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.radPropertyGrid1.PropertyGridElement.PropertyTableElement.ValueColumnWidth = 40;
}

Should you have further questions please let me know.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 May 2019, 07:48 PM

Oh yes, that was it.

Thanks alot

Tags
PropertyGrid
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1