This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scrollbar

5 Answers 122 Views
Panorama
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daniel asked on 28 Apr 2014, 09:33 AM
Hi,

Can I resize the scrollbar in RadPanorama so that it shows bigger ?

REgards,
Daniel

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2014, 10:35 AM
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for writing.

You can set the height of the scrollbar by using the ScrollBarThickness property:
radPanorama1.ScrollBarThickness = 100;

More information is available in the following article: Scrolling.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2014, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I have tried setting the ScrollBarThickness, but that's only moving the scrollbar to a different location instead of making the scrollbar more thick like the property name suggests.
Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the Demo Hub from the Win Form demo.

Regards,
Daniel
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2014, 08:20 AM
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for writing back.

This demo uses a custom theme where the scroll bar MaxSize property is set and this is why changing its thickness does not work as expected. For example, you can remove this with the following line of code (after the theme is loaded):
this.radPanorama1.PanoramaElement.ScrollBar.MaxSize = new Size(0, 0);

I hope this helps. Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2014, 08:37 AM
Hi,

What about if I use a pre-defined theme, such as "TelerikMetroTouch" ?
Can I use the above code as well ?

Regards,
Daniel
George
Telerik team
answered on 01 May 2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing back.

This code would not affect the scroll bar because the TelerikMetroTouch theme does not set max size for the same element. If you use the ScrollBarThickness property in this case the scroll height will increase, but the actual scroll bar will appear smaller (since it is designed this way in the theme). In this case it would be better to change the scroll bar styles in the theme using Visual Style Builder. You can achieve it by exporting the built-in themes as per the article Loading Predefined Themes in our documentation. After you have exported the themes open the TelerikMetroTouch theme and navigate to RadScrollbar -> RadScrollBarElement _> ScrollBarThumb and set the MaxSize property to 0,0. Refer to the attached image for more detailed information. 

Now you can set the ScrollBarThickness property.

In case you need additional help with the theming mechanism, you can read the following articles:
Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
George
Telerik

Tags
Panorama
Asked by
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1