Scheduler prevents drag&drop update when specifying eventHeight

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Nicolas
    Nicolas avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2018

    Posted 25 Mar 2019 Link to this post


    I'm using Kendo JQuery Scheduler inside an Angular application and I have a problem with the native drag&drop when I specify a small eventHeight on the views.

    On the code bellow, there is a problem when eventHeight is 20px.

    01.this.kendoScheduler = kendo.jQuery(this.kendoSchedulerEl.nativeElement).kendoScheduler({
    02.      date: new Date(),
    03.      startTime: this.dayStartDateTime,
    04.      endTime: this.dayEndDateTime,
    05.      allDaySlot: false,
    07.        {
    08.          type: 'timeline',
    09.          title: translate['COMMON.CALENDAR.DAY'],
    10.          eventHeight: this.eventHeight,
    11.          columnWidth: this.dayColumnWidth
    12.        },

    Browser: Chrome

    To be more specific, with eventHeight=20px, when I drag an event (see attached file) bellow the first 20 pixels of the target cell td, a tooltip appears and dropping the event doesn't trigger the datasource update event. I must drop it inside the first 20 pixels to make drag&drop work.

    Do you know what could have gone wrong ?



  2. Plamen
    Plamen avatar
    3080 posts

    Posted 26 Mar 2019 Link to this post

    Hello Nicolas,

    I have tested a similar scenario but could not replicate the issue. Here is my test dojo and my test video. Please review them and let me know what else should I add or do in order to replicate the issue.

    I will be looking forward for your reply.

    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
  3. Nicolas
    Nicolas avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2018

    Posted 26 Mar 2019 in reply to Plamen Link to this post

    Hello Plamen,

    You are right, the problem is on my end, I forgot that I use drag and Drop Events between Schedulers that modify Drag&Drop. This is likely to be the problem's cause.

    Thank you for taking the time to answer ! I think I can solve it now.


Back to Top