This may be helpful to others. Scheduler's eventTemplate is more flexible than is currently documented.
The documentation indicates that the following fields may be used:
- description String - the event description
- end Date - the event end date
- resources Array - the event resources
- start Date - the event start date
- title String - the event title
However, this is not strictly true. I have been able to use any property from a dataSource in the "read" transport.
The customField1 (line 11 above) property should actually be available for you to use within your eventTemplate.
This opens up the eventTemplate to much greater levels of customisation than is documented.