This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RowFormatting bug.

1 Answer 50 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Nick asked on 06 Jan 2020, 12:01 PM

I have a video recording of the bug: https://youtu.be/dw8YDnO5njs

I have a RowFormatting event; if there is an error, I set the row Red and debug.writeline 'Error'. If the value is changed, I make it green and write out 'Changed'.

See the video; here's the debug output for all RowValidation events:

• dragercode: Ok
    dragercode: Ok
    voornaam: Ok
    tusenvoegsel: Ok
    achternaam: Ok
    afdeling: Ok
    indienst: Ok
    uitdienst: Changed
    opmerking: Ok
    wisselkastgroep: Ok
    wisselkastvak: Ok
    kledingkastgroep: Ok
    kledingkastvak: Ok
    emailadres: Ok

Yet, you see that 'uitdienst' is just white. When I mouse-over or click, it shows up with the green color.

Version 2018.3.907.4

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jan 2020, 09:36 AM
Hello, Nick,   

According to the provided information, it is not clear what is the exact implementation that you have in the RowFormatting event. However, have in mind that setting the BackColor property to the row element is not enough. Make sure that the DrawFill property is enabled as well and the GradientStyle is set to Solid. Thus, the color is expected to be applied correctly. Please refer to the following help article for further information how to properly handle the RowFormatting event: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/controls/gridview/rows/formatting-rows 

If you are still experiencing any further difficulties, it would be greatly appreciated if you can provide a sample project demonstrating the undesired behavior. Thus, we would be able to get better understanding of the precise case and assist you further. Thank you in advance.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
Share this question
or