RichTextEditor - High memory usage

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Jacob
    Jacob avatar
    11 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 28 Sep 2018 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I'm working on a project that utilizes a few RichTextEditor . When I initially start the application and have a window open with 3 RichTextEditor memory usage is 62mb.

    This is fine, but when I open a window that has another RichTextEditor in it memory jumps from 62mb to 132mb (this window has two textboxes and a RichTextEditor). When closing this window memory drops only 10mb so memory is at 121mb.

    If I open and close the window 5 times in a row memory usage stays at 205mb. In my application this window will be opened frequently. I have tried explicitly disposing the RichTextEditor, but doesn't seem that GC is picking it up at least not quickly (I left the application running for about an hr and it didn't drop much about 5mb).

    I understand themes are loaded as static resources so once a window loads it shouldn't have to load theme resources again?

    Note this is an MDI window that is docked on the RadDock. Any direction you may have would be greatly appreciated. 

     

    Thanks,
    Jacob

  2. Answer
    Tanya
    Admin
    Tanya avatar
    857 posts

    Posted 03 Oct 2018 Link to this post

    Hi Jacob,

    Are there documents imported in the editor or it shows empty? Memory issues are usually related to a specific setup, thus hard to reproduce and I would like to ask you to share an example project showing the setup you are using so we can investigate the case.

    Please, note that the forum allows you attaching only images, so if you would like to share a project privately, you can do so by opening a support ticket.

    Regards,
    Tanya
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
  3. Jacob
    Jacob avatar
    11 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 04 Oct 2018 Link to this post

    Hey Tanya,

    Thanks for the reply. I found that the issue is that there was a RichTextEditorRibbonBar to the RadRichtextbox. It was not visible on the form but it was creating the objects in the Designer.cs. So I removed those entries and memory is now good. Thanks for the assistance.

  4. Tanya
    Admin
    Tanya avatar
    857 posts

    Posted 05 Oct 2018 Link to this post

    Hi Jacob,

    Thank you for getting back. I am happy to hear that everything is now working as expected.

    Regards,
    Tanya
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Back to Top