This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RequireJS not working with 2013 Q1 full source

6 Answers 159 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Wenhao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wenhao asked on 22 Mar 2013, 03:15 AM
Hello Kendo,

With your latest version 2013 Q1 released, we are now using RequireJS + Kendo UI in our project. From your tutorial, I define a custom js moduel like the following

defind(['jquery', 'underscore', 'kendo.grid'], function($, _) {
});

However, an error described as 'kendo_module is not defined' was encounted every time I require this module. When I switched the dependency to kendo.grid.min, everything is going to be OK.

SO, how could I load the kendo ui source code using RequireJS, but without explicitly requiring kendo.data. I realized that if I require this file before kendo.grid, it makes sense too.

Plz help. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Wenhao

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2013, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Currently only the minified files support RequireJS. More info about using Kendo with RequireJS can be found in our documentation.

All the best,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2013, 06:46 PM
Hello Kendo,

Just so you know, a dependency is mislabeled in kendo.dataviz.sparkline.min.js.  The required file is kendo.dataviz.chart.min, but the dependency is spelled kendo.chart.min.  RequireJS throws an error.

The dependency chain is broken further in kendo.dataviz.chart.min, where files are referred to as kendo.dataviz-svg.min and kendo.dataviz-core.min, and in kendo.dataviz.svg.min where the dependency is referred to as kendo.dataviz-core.min (should be kendo.dataviz.svg.min and kendo.dataviz.core.min).
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this problem. We have corrected the dependency and the fix will be included in all future builds.

As a token of gratitude for your involvement your Telerik points have been updated.

Kind regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
oleg
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Apr 2013, 01:24 PM
Im using kendo.web.js and requirejs.

I need not minimized version of kendo.web to be able to debug kendo's source code when developing.

How can I achive this if you said that only minimized file is working with requirejs?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Apr 2013, 01:30 PM
Hello Oleg,

You cannot achieve it for the time being because only minified Kendo scripts support RequireJS.

All the best,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team
Francesc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2013, 03:31 PM
Hello,

How can i get the kendo instance by using AMD dependencies (RequireJS) ?

Example that what we would like to achive:

requirejs(["jquery", "k/kendo.core.min"], function ($, k) {
    var router = new k.Router();    
});

Why your "kendo_module" function is not opensource ?

Thanks,

Francesc BAETA
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Wenhao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Louis