Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
139 views
Is the Graph inferior to the Chart from the older versions of Telerik Reporting?

There is a great deal I cannot do in the Graphs that used to be available in the chart.

1. Please see 1.png
I want to line up the charts nicely and crop  the labels when they get beyond a certain size. Instead the labels keep growing- and shrinking the chart. Adding blank spaces as advised by customer support will not help because the letters all have different spacing and kerning and will not line up nicely due to differences in the label content.


2. Please see http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/understandingelementsbackground.html
Multicolored zones was actually supported natively in the Chart (which is now obsolete and unusable) by using the MarkedZone property. This is no longer available in the Graph. I need to color certain ranges on the Graph. :(


3. Please see 2.png
I need a custom scale for the x-axis where
a) The origin starts from 100-190
b) And the steps are 30 resulting in 3 discrete zones of different colors (100-130), (130-160) and (160-190) Setting the x-min and x-max and the step size results in the graph seen in the screenshot. Is it possible to have a graph where there is only 3 hash marks and nothing in between.

I only want it to behave like the Chart's ChartAxis.AutoScale as seen on http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/understandingelementsaxislabels.html 
Again this is no longer supported


4. I am unable to embed labels onto a plot area shared by 5 different series to show the different charts on the same axes. Telerik reports to me this is not possible.

Will really appreciate any heads up! Thank you.




Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2014
5 answers
270 views
Hi

After upgrading my reports to the latest version Im having problems selecting my dataset as datasource in the report designer.

When I select DataSource in the property viewer, my old DataSets are not there.
However, when try to show all datasource in my project (using the VS 2010 menu "Data/Show Data Sources") they are all there.
So, why can't I see the datasets in the report designer select datasource windows, when I can see them in the "Data/Show Data Sources" window ?

When I try to add a new datasource to my report, I can only select "SQL DataSource" or "Object DataSource".
Is its still possible to use a DataSet as datasource in the Q1 release?

Regards
Per 
Rafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Oct 2014
7 answers
2.1K+ views
I am trying to figure out how to render an excel report into the Office 2007 format but I keep getting errors that the report extension is corrupt.

What do I need to change here:

I have tried setting the filname to xlsx and the reponse content type to application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet with no luck.

Dim reportProcessor As New Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor()
Dim result As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult = reportProcessor.RenderReport("XLS", myReport, Nothing)
Dim fileName As String = result.DocumentName + ".xls"
    Response.Clear()
    Response.ContentType = "Application/XLS"
    Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.Private)
    Response.Expires = -1
    Response.Buffer = False
    Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", String.Format("{0};FileName=""{1}""", "attachment", fileName))
    Response.OutputStream.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length)
    Response.End()

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2014
1 answer
177 views
I've implemented the report viewer in my MVC application and everything works well. I'm wondering if it's possible to store our Telerik reports outside of the web application, on a shared drive for example, so that we can keep the report files created in Report Designer separate from the web application. Is there any way to point that Uri to a mapped network drive maybe?

This is the current code, but I would like to be able to have @Model.ReportSource be a path to an external path.

@(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer()
       .Id("reportViewer1")
       .ServiceUrl("/api/reports/")
       .TemplateUrl("/Content/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate-8.1.14.804.html")
       .ReportSource(new UriReportSource() { Uri = @Model.ReportSource })
       .ViewMode(ViewModes.INTERACTIVE)
       .ScaleMode(ScaleModes.SPECIFIC)
       .Scale(1.0)
       .PersistSession(false)
)
Jan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Oct 2014
1 answer
944 views
Hi Guys,

I'm new to reporting and there is a requirement to display an image in my report and I'm using a picture box for this. 

Problem I have is I want to display this image only when it is available. From my dataset I'm returning the image path(this will always return a path if image is present or not) and a boolean value indicating if the image is present. 

So I tried adding an conditional formatting rule to picture box defining layout should not be visible when the Field.ImageAvailable property is false. But when I render the report, it displays image not found error.

So have I missed anything or is there any other way to handle this?

Thanks in advance!!
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Oct 2014
2 answers
815 views
Can someone give me instructions on how to do a page break?  I see other posts referring to PageBreak.Before, After, and none but I can't find anything in the standalone report designer Q2 2014.

I have one group that I would like a page break before the header when the 2nd grouping begins to show.

Any help would be appreciated. 
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Oct 2014
1 answer
331 views
I'm working on the HTML5 Telerik Report Viewer and I'm running into issues with my parameterized datasource. In the report I have a stored procedure that takes a parameter that is bound to a report parameter. This works perfectly in the report designer; however, when I view the report through the HTML5 viewer, I get the following error:

An error has occurred while processing Graph 'stkdChart': Procedure or function 'rptSproc' expects parameter '@TargetDate', which was not supplied.

However, I am passing the report parameter TargetDate with the report. I can see the report parameter in a text box. I'm assuming that the stored procedure's parameter isn't linked to the report parameter from the HTML viewer for some reason.  I'm setting up my report parameters like so

$('#reportViewer1').telerik_ReportViewer({
    serviceUrl: siteRoot + "api/Reports/",
    templateUrl: siteRoot + "ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate-8.1.14.804.html",
    reportSource: {
        report: "Snapshot.trdx", "parameters": {
            TargetDate: "\/Date(1413224249612)\/"
        }
    },
    viewMode: "INTERACTIVE",
    scaleMode: "SPECIFIC",
    scale: 1,
    persistSession: false,
    printMode: "AUTO_SELECT"
});

So, could someone point to a way to bind the stored procedure's parameter to the report parameter with the HTML5 viewer? Do I need a custom Resolver, instead of the default ReportFileResolver?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2014
2 answers
89 views
Hi, I have create a function

        public static double CallAge(string _status, string _sDate, string _eDate, string _last_update, string _report_datetime, string _total_holiday, string _total_hour)
        {
            if (_status == "6" || _status == "5" || _status == "4")
            {
                double Dys = 0, SatDys = 0, SunDys = 0;
                DateTime d1, d2, dateLastUpdate;
                TimeSpan timesp;
                d2 = Convert.ToDateTime(_eDate);
                d1 = Convert.ToDateTime(_report_datetime);
                dateLastUpdate = Convert.ToDateTime(_last_update);
                if (d2 < dateLastUpdate)
                {
                    timesp = (d2 - d1);
                    Dys = timesp.Seconds;
                    SatDys = findWeekCount(d1, d2, DayOfWeek.Saturday);
                    SunDys = findWeekCount(d1, d2, DayOfWeek.Sunday);
                    if (Dys > 0)
                    {
                        Dys = Dys - (checkHoliday(_total_holiday) + SatDys + SunDys) * 86400;
                        Dys = Dys - (timesp.Days - SatDys - SunDys - checkHoliday(_total_holiday) * Convert.ToDouble(_total_hour));
                        Math.Abs(Dys);
                        return Dys;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        return 0;
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    d2 = Convert.ToDateTime(_last_update);
                    d1 = Convert.ToDateTime(_report_datetime);
                    timesp = (d2 - d1);
                    Dys = timesp.Seconds;
                    SatDys = findWeekCount(d1, d2, DayOfWeek.Saturday);
                    SunDys = findWeekCount(d1, d2, DayOfWeek.Sunday);
                    if (Dys > 0)
                    {
                        Dys = ((checkHoliday(_total_holiday) + SatDys + SunDys) * 86400) - Dys;
                        Dys = Dys - ((timesp.Days - SatDys - SunDys - checkHoliday(_total_holiday) * Convert.ToDouble(_total_hour)));
                        Math.Abs(Dys);
                        return Dys;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        return 0;
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                return 0;
            }
        }


How to get field from store procedure?
I try like this on Expression Editor :

=TicketAge(Fields.STATUS,Parameters.sDate.Value,Parameters.eDate.Value,Fields.LAST_UPDATE,Fields.REPORT_DATETIME,Fields.TOTAL_HOLIDAY,Fields.TOTAL_HOUR)

But it display error : An error has occurred while processing TextBox 'textBox25': The expression contains undefined function call TicketAge().






Mashran
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Oct 2014
5 answers
182 views
Hi
  I am not use Telerik Reporting in website,but it show error like this why ?
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting, Version=8.1.14.618, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am use telerik controls in asp.net expect Report,then why this show?

Note: I all website this show error,after my laptop restart automatically.i am use windows 8.

Regards
  Aravind
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2014
4 answers
106 views
Hi,

we have a problem with the localization of reports.
It works fine when we use the Silverlight ReportViewer. Then we can set the current culture and the report is displayed in that language.
(System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = cultureInfo)

Now we want to use the report engine directly to generate an pdf document.
So we use:
var serviceClient = new ReportServiceClient(new Uri(App.Current.Host.Source, "../Reports/ReportService.svc"));
               serviceClient.RenderAsync("PDF",
                   PROP_ReportViewer_MCred,
                   deviceInfo,
                   parameters);
               serviceClient.RenderCompleted += new EventHandler<RenderEventArgs>(serviceClient_RenderCompleted);
with that the current culture settings are ignored and the report is always in the default language.
What is the way to go here?
Btw. we are using Report Q2 2012 because of SL4.

Kind regards
Juergen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?