so i was tasked to remove the subreport and to test it out, i made it visible=false. When i do that i get no data at all. I have removed it as well with the same issue. any help is greatly appreciated.
The report is really basic, subreport at the top and 10 columns below.
4 Answers, 1 is accepted
Please elaborate how to reproduce the problem locally. We need a step by step instructions how to create the report and what changes should be applied, and details about the result (screenshots and information about the expected result).
In case you need to hide a sub report if does not display any data, please check How to show 'No Data Message' or hide an item in case of No data.
Feel free to create a support ticket and to send us the information in private.
Telerik by Progress
Based on the provided code snippet:
- You create a report instance(rptReport) of type rptMSVS;
- There is a SubReport, Table and TextBox items in that report instance which are with public modifier in order to access it the way it is written in code;
- You create a another report instance (rptSummary) that is used by the SubReport item;
- Then you create a ReportBook instance (reportBook) and you add the report instances mentioned in point 1 and point 3;
- Then it looks like you have another ReportBook instance which name duplicates the name of the type of the report created in point 1 - rptMSVS;
- The ReportBook instance of point 5 displays the report of point1 and it is visualized by the ReportViewer control.
In the above code, we recommend you to change the following:
- Check which report and ReportBook instances are needed and remove the rest;
- To get a nested data item from the report, use the Find method on the report's Items collection e.g.:
You can also remove the subReportItem1 from the report instance's Items collection.
If the above changes do not help you to resolve the issue, please open a support ticket and send us a demo project that illustrates the settings and reproduces the reported problem. This will allow us to understand better the created reports and the issue.
Telerik by Progress