This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadSplitter.Net2.dll - infected by Trojan.DownLoader15.55824

3 Answers 34 Views
Report a bug
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Choyling
Top achievements
Rank 1
Choyling asked on 14 Jul 2016, 05:41 PM

The file RadSplitter.Net2.dll that is under your copyright is reported to have Trojan.DownLoader15.55824 by DrWeb antivirus. See below virus scanned report. I am also attaching the dll here (remove the .txt suffix). Please let us know if this is valid.

Copyright Telerik (c) 2002-2007
Product: RadSplitter
Original name: RadSplitter.Net2.dll
Internal name: RadSplitter.Net2.dll
File version: 1.2.1.0
Description: RadSplitter

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8829eeaf8a211d3ba25bd020f19ce34426ecd2ad1deb4fc3d6a4e7aed3e15e8e/analysis/1467919662/

Thank you.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2016, 09:48 AM
Hi Choyling,

The mentioned RadSplitter.Net2.dll is part from our classic ASP.NET controls which are not developed neither supported anymore. The whole source of the UI for ASP.NET AJAX suite is build in one and the same DLL, but not in separate DLLs for each controls like used to be in our classic controls.

In case you have upgraded from Classic RadSplitter to RadSplitter for ASP.NET AJAX, you can freely remove the RadSpliter.Net2.dll. You may also find useful the following help article:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/splitter/getting-started/migrating-from-radsplitter-classic-to-radsplitter-for-asp.net-ajax

In case the RadSplitter.Net2.dll indeed is infected by a virus on your machine, I would advise that you try the suggestions from the following blog post:
http://www.printerrorfixnow.com/dll-error/radsplitter.net2.dll.html

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Choyling
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2016, 07:33 PM

I would like to know if the RadSplitter.Net2.dll in your original installer is infected or not. Please provide this info.

If you have the clean copy of RadSplitter.Net2.dll, please send it to me, or send the original installer to me. I need this dll, and prefer not to remove it. Thank you.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Choyling,

This is pretty strange - I tester the RadSplitter.Net2.dll from our original 1.2.1 release, and it indeed shows that the DLL is containing a Trojan.Downloader virus. We assume that the file is incorrectly identified as malicious and the alarm is just False Positive, but if you prefer I can send you the DLL version subsequent to the used by you (1.2.2), which passes all virus tests and appears as uninfected.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Report a bug
Asked by
Choyling
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Choyling
Top achievements
Rank 1