This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRibbonBar could not be found - older Version (2012.2.725.1050)

3 Answers 60 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 23 Apr 2015, 06:01 PM

Good Day

I have inherited an old Silverlight Application which is making use of your Telerik Controls for Silverlight 4 using VS2010

I am trying to compile/view the XAML files but I keep receiving numerous errors like this:

Error 10 The type or namespace name 'RadRibbonBar' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\TechServices\customers\XXX\YYYY\Web\XXXX.YYYY\obj\Debug\Views\UserAccessView.g.i.cs 41 18 XXX.YYYY

I have tried dozens of times of correcting this issue:

I have removed all references, removed toolbox items - saved, cleaned, saved- reapplied references, readded toolbox controls (all manually) and yet this issue still persist.

The following list are the DLLs in the Project (all Version 2012.2.725.1050)

Telerik.Windows.Controls

Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data

Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView

Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input

Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation

Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonBar

Telerik.Windows.Data

I might be missing a dll - but don't think I am

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2015, 11:49 AM
Hello Michael,

The RadRibbonBar control is no longer shipped with our controls suit. It was removed in 2012 and on its place was released the RadRibbonView control (shipped with Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView assembly) which is more feature rich control and a lot of the RadRibbonBar limitations were removed. The migration from RibbonBar to RibbonView is easy as the main structure of the controls is identical. We highly recommend that you upgrade your binaries directly to our latest official version Q1 2015 SP1 and make the change at once.

Feel free to ask If you have any questions during the migration process.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2015, 02:15 PM

Thank you Evgenia for your reply

Unfortunately the client does not want to Upgrade to the latest version so that is not an option for me at this time.

any other thoughts?

Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2015, 07:23 AM
Hello Michael,

Since Silverlight 5 have been released for quite long time we discontinued our controls support for Silverlight 4 about 2 years ago (you might find more information about this in our SL roadmap). What this means is that we provide only major bug fixes for SL 4 version. We highly recommend our clients to migrate to the latest version of Silverlight and WPF so that they are up-to-date with our latest development strategies, bug fixes , new controls and features. 
I also suggest that you review this blogpost that will help you better understand why we recommend RadRibbonView over RadRibbonBar.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgenia
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1