This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMaskedEditBox doesn´t react on KeyEvents

3 Answers 51 Views
MaskedEditBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dieter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dieter asked on 15 Jun 2010, 09:25 AM
Hi,
I was trying to set a KeyDown event on my RadMaskedEditBox but it doesn´t catch the event. TextChanged Events and others work fine but the Key/down/up and so on doesnt work for me.

I am using the Telerik Q3 Bundle for WinForms.

Thanks for any help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 04:08 PM
Hello Dieter,

Thank you for writing.

RadMaskedEditBox and RadTextBox use the standard Microsoft TextBox control internally. You need to subscribe to its events instead.

Here is how you can do this:
this.radMaskedEditBox.MaskedEditBoxElement.TextBoxItem.HostedControl.KeyDown += etc...

Please write again if you have other questions.

Best wishes,
Victor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Dieter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 09:06 AM
I got this solution early but it makes my program instable. There are too much errors after it.
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi Dieter,

Thank you for writing.

This is the only way to capture the events of the underlying text box. Please specify what are the errors that you are experiencing. If your code is correct, the usage of these events will not cause anything unusual.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours,
Victor
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
MaskedEditBox
Asked by
Dieter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Dieter
Top achievements
Rank 1