This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadLabel BackColor Office1007Blue theme

4 Answers 127 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 08 Jul 2010, 06:43 PM
Hello all,
I just wanted to make a forum post to see if anyone else was having a similar problem.  I have just recently upgraded to the Q2 2010 SP2 release (.504 I believe) and noticed that RadLabels have a defined color as their BackColor.  Previously I could have sworn that the BackColor for the Labels was transparent (which would be preferable I think).  I know that Telerik has been trying to convert all of the themes using the new Visual Style Builder tool and maybe this slipped through the cracks.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Telerik is there a way to make it so that the Labels can have a transparent back color?  Also, is there a way to see what else has changed in the Theme?  I did notice things like RowHeight for RadGridViews has changed as well.  I know it's small things but when it comes to the UI the little things make the big difference.

Thanks again all,

-Bill

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boryana
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 02:48 PM
Hello Bill,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

What causes your issues is the fact that Q1 2010 SP2 does not contain a Office2007Blue theme. So even though you set the ThemeName of your RadControls to Office2007Blue, ControlDefault theme is applied instead. This is a known issue, and it will be solved in a future release.  We will include the Office2007Blue theme as a part of our Miscellaneous theme. (Here is an article that shows how to apply a default theme: Using default themes). Our team apologizes for the caused inconvenience.

The issue described above explains the appearance of RadPanel in your application. I am sending you the Office2007Blue theme for RadPanel in the attached xml file. In case you experience difficulties loading and applying the theme to your application, please refer to all articles under Working with RadThemeManager: Adding RadThemeManager

The RadLabel issue has a little bit different explanation. Our new themes (which were introduced in Q1 2010 SP2) do not set explicitly the BackColor property of RadControls. When the applied theme does not set BackColor, the property is inherited from parent controls. So it might happen that you are actually seeing the BackColor on a Parent control. A simple workaround will be to set the BackColor of the RadLabel or the parent to Transparent.

Regarding RadGridView, we have introduced improvements in the ControlDefault theme. Since they are too many, we will not be able to provide you a list with the changes made. However, if you are not satisfied with the theme, you can easily modify it using our Visual Style Builder tool. Here are some help articles and video tutorials that might be useful:

I hope you find the above information useful. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be glad to help.

Best wishes,
Boryana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the post.  I wanted to know how soon "a future release" would be?  I am currently developing an application that heavily relies on this theme and wanted to avoid having to export, modify, and import the theme back into my application.  This application has a tentative release date a couple of months in the future.  I wanted to avoid having to take and set aside time to modify the theme if I didn't need to if this issue would be in the next release, say Q2 or even as late as Q3.  Is there any more information as to when this "known issue" will be addressed?  I have to report back to the company if I need to consider development time to handle this issue.

As always, thanks in advance.

-Bill
Boryana
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2010, 12:28 PM
Hello Bill,

Thanks for writing back.

Actually, the issue is addressed in our latest version Q2 2010 (released on July 13). The Office2007Blue theme for RadPanel is now a part of our Miscellaneous theme. So once you have dropped the theme on your form, you will be able to set the RadPanel ThemeName to Office2007Blue. I hope this solves the issue.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,
Boryana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the information.  I will try and implement the Q2 release and see if this addresses my issues and will report back once I have successfully upgraded to the latest release.  I am hoping that all will be fixed with this and look forward to not having to set aside time to implement a work around.

Thanks again.
-Bill
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boryana
Telerik team
Tim