This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGridView does not display after upgrading to 2013.Q1

1 Answer 111 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
James asked on 09 Apr 2013, 11:59 AM
We were VERY excited to see Telerik come out with a way to deploy the RadControls for WPF libraries via NuGet so we anxiously made the switch and, in the process, upgraded from 2012.Q3 to 2013.Q1.  Unfortunately, in doing so, all of the RadGridView controls we had in our UI suddenly stopped appearing in the UI.

Since I didn't actually do the work, and the person that did is no longer with the company, I'm not sure the specifics why we overrode the entire control template for the grid (I think it had to do with restyling some aspect of the control that you can only get to by replacing the template).  According the dev's notes, the template was provided by Telerik for the 2012.Q1 release and he only modified the colors applied to various parts to fit our branding.  The template did have references to the MetroTheme which no longer exists in 2013.Q1 so we had to change that to the Windows8Theme (the only changes we made to any of our styles, templates, etc.).

When we run the application, I can see that the grid is there because the vertical scroll bar will appear but nothing else is displayed.  I verified that the problem is not due to the foreground and background colors being the same by changing the background of the parent control.  There is literally NOTHING displayed.

We also make use of several other Telerik controls, including a couple with custom templates, and none of them are having any issues.

What has changed in the new version that has broken our apps?  What should I be looking for/at to get the control working again?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vera
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 03:20 PM
Hello James,

Currently, your project is built with NoXaml binaries (used with our implicit-styling mechanism) and this is why you are not seeing the GridView. With Q1 2013 we started shipping only NuGet packages with NoXaml binaries. The idea behind this decision was the smaller size of those assemblies and the requests received from our clients. We will add packages with Xaml binaries for the next official release - Q2 2013. 

If you prefer to continue using the Xaml binaries, you can download them under Your Account. In case you are interested in using NoXaml binaries and implicit styles, please check this help article for a reference on how to use them in your project. 

Greetings,
Vera
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vera
Telerik team
Share this question
or