This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radgrid style

8 Answers 112 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iñigo asked on 05 Oct 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi, I am trying to modify a radgrid colors (setting a "black office" background and white text to every part of the grid) and there are a couple of items which I can't find how to change:
- The "Drag a column header and drop it here..." row has a light blue border which I don't know how to modify
- I set a style to GroupRowStyle, I set a background and a foreground color in the style definition, but the foreground color is not applied (so I can't read the text).
- I don't know how to set the style to the left column which appears when grouping items.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Oct 2010, 09:20 AM
Mmm, I'd also need to set the background and foreground style of the row when the mouse is over, and of the selected row...
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2010, 02:31 PM
Hello IƱigo,

Please find my answers in the following way:

1.The border above the GridViewHeaderRow is GridViewGroupPanel.
It has 2 kind of borders, Outer and Inner.
Considering their background colours you can change the Brushes they used.

2.You cannot apply the same foreground for your  RadGridView, because some of the parts of the GridView share the ItemForeground brush, but some of them use another brush.
So that you can define the default brush and used it wherever you need.

3.Considering your third question I supose that you are talking about the GridViewIndentCell
which appear when you perform grouping in your RadGridView.

4.To achieve this result the only one thing you have to do is to change the brush ItemBackgroundOver  which is used in its MouseOver state.
To change the foreground colour in MouseOver State you should implemented on yourself.

I am attaching you an example that demonstrates these approaches.

Best wishes,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2010, 04:11 PM
Hi, thanks for your answer, it has been very useful.
I have another question: when I create a datagrid, the first column (icluding the first column header) has a vertical white line and a dark shadow in the left; when I group the items, there are still the white line and the shadow in the left part of each row, after the "gridViewIndentCell". I'd like to remove the shadow and the white vertical line (or give a different color to it), how can I do this?
You can see the shadow and the white line in this sample:
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#GridView/ComboBoxColumn

(Btw, making some tests I notice that it is possible to "move" the white line and the shadow from one column to another, does it have any purpose?).

Thanks again
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2010, 03:41 PM
Hi IƱigo,

This part is called FrozenColumnSplitter and using it you can prevent your columns from horizontal scrolling. You can read more about frozen columns and their specification here.
You can remove it through setting CanUserFreezeColumns property of RadGridView to False.

All the best,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2010, 08:30 AM
Hi, I have tried to set CanUserFreezeColumns="False" but only the header row changes; in the data rows the column splitter is still appearing, and when I click on it it throws an unhandled silverlight exception... how can I disable from the data rows? through some template setting?
Thanks
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2010, 03:07 PM
Hello IƱigo,

This is really strange, can you please send us an example that demonstrates such a behavior.

Regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
vijay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 06:04 PM
Hi I am vijay raheja
I was not able to find exact forum that's why i am asking my question here

My requirements are:

1) Suppose there 3 fields in a grid say, ID, Code & Name
2) Now I make some filter on ID say ID=3
3) So after applying this filter, I need to call the database stored procedure and pass the filter expression (ID=3) as parameter. So my grid should refresh the data with the output of that storedprocedure.
4) Now suppose I again make another filter on code say "Code='abc'", so this time filterexpression should be "ID=3 and Code='abc'", and this should be pass as storedprocedure parameter and grid should refresh again with the stored procedure result.

Please help
Vijay
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 20 Oct 2010, 07:16 AM
Hello,

The grid will do this automatically (no need to code anything) if you use some LINQ provider like LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework, Open Access, etc. 

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iñigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team