This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid - Restore Down

3 Answers 24 Views
Show your code
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Vijendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vijendra asked on 25 Nov 2014, 03:10 PM
I am using a telerik grid using nested view template and edit form templates. When i shrink the browser window, the filelds in the form templates are not getting aligned properly. But again when i maximize the window, filelds  are getting aligned. Can you please help us in finding a solution for this.

Please find attached the screenshots before and after shrinking the window.

Regards,
Vijendra

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2014, 08:20 AM
Hi Vijendra,

When using template for your edit form, setting the structure within that template should be handled entirely by the developer. Please note that this is a HTML/CSS query and it is not directly related to RadGrid itself. 

Looking at the screenshots I can only suggest that you ensure you are using percentage values for the width of your controls in the template. You could also enable the elements to move down when the width of the container is smaller.

Best Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Vijendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Dec 2014, 02:32 PM
Hi Konstantin,

I am using percentage values for all the controls. But I found out that in the browser its converting it into pixels. I have not used any css to apply this property..

The version of Telerik I am using is 2012.2.815.40. Is this because of the version I am using ?
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2014, 03:29 PM
Hi Vijendra,

The behavior that you are describing is rather strange and should not be observed.

Can you please provide a simple example with control with specified Width in percentage, where that width is converted in pixels? 

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Show your code
Asked by
Vijendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
Vijendra
Top achievements
Rank 1