This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadForm

5 Answers 85 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ahmed asked on 07 May 2018, 11:26 AM
Isn't there any way to add an extra button to the caption form like the help button without making the form border style (None)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2018, 12:09 PM
Hello, Ahmed,     

In order to add an extra button in the title bar I would recommend you to have a look at the following forum thread which demonstrates a sample code snippet how to achieve it: https://www.telerik.com/forums/how-to-properly-add-a-radbuttonelement-in-a-radform-titlebar

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2018, 12:23 PM

I don't know how to thank you ^_^.

May I be able to apply this code using radtextbox?

C#

Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2018, 01:29 PM
Hello, Ahmed,     

The following help article demonstrates how to add a button element in RadTextBox: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/editors/textbox/adding-buttons-to-radtextbox

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2018, 01:39 PM

I'm sorry but you misunderstood my question!

What I wanted to say is how to add a radtextbox to the caption bar of the form in c#

Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2018, 10:10 AM
Hello, Ahmed,     

Please excuse me for the misunderstanding but it was not clear enough according to the provided information. RadTextBox/RadTextBoxControl are input controls. They can't be added to the non-client area of the form which is the title bar. The focus won't be passed to the text box. The possible solution that I can suggest is to use a ShapedForm with a RadTitleBar. Then, add a RadTextBox/RadTextBoxControl to the RadTitleBar at design time. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Ahmed
Top achievements
Rank 1