This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls Q3 2009 SP2 vs Q1 2010

1 Answer 32 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alexandre Vitorelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alexandre Vitorelli asked on 29 Mar 2010, 05:36 PM
Good Afternoon

I'm wondering if I should buy RadControl, but I'm using RadControl Q3 2009 in my project and I want to buy RadControls 2010, but I have one problem, RadControl Q1 2010 don't have layout equal Q3 2009 SP 2, How can I Resolve this problem?

Alexandre Vitorelli

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2010, 10:16 AM
Hello Alexandre Vitorelli,

With Q1 2010 we introduced a major facelift for all 6 built-in themes in order to deliver a more consistent look and feel for all Silverlight controls. This was triggered after a lot of feedback concerning inconsistencies in the visual appearance among our controls. To address these we unified the templating approach and streamlined naming conventions for resources. All this came hand by hand with redesigning the appearance to achieve consistency in visuals. We are fully aware of the fact that introducing so big changes will affect the people who have heavy customizations or have built their own custom theme. We shipped an early preview with our Q1 2010 release and the majority of our clients were very satisfied with the new appearance. We are fully aware that this is one of the most unpopular steps but we had to take it to move forward and bring better quality and much better visual appearance of our products.

Using some of the old themes is no longer possible. You can restyle the current  default one to get a closer look to the previous. Please let us know which are your main visual concerns with the current themes so we can assist you.

Kind regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Alexandre Vitorelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Share this question
or