This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2010 SP1 Calendar Demo

3 Answers 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
venkat k
Top achievements
Rank 1
venkat k asked on 30 Sep 2010, 10:39 PM
Hello,
I installed the latest telerik silverlight licensed version on the developer machine, RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2010 SP1
with VS 2010, silverlight 4 toolkit. and addons.. etc..

When i load one of the sample projects/demos( for example calendar here) i am getting the follwing error after building the solution.
The examples are not building, not debugging successfully.

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. F:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2010 SP1\Demos\Examples\Calendar\App.xaml 1 1 Calendar.Silverlight

I am getting 5 errors similar to this,
Thanks
Venkata

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi venkat k,

Please make sure you have started ExamplesCS_SL.sln from our installation. Then clean it and try to rebuild again. If this doesn't help check if you have System.Windows.dll in the GAC. If not you should include it manually.
Bt default Silverlight 4 installation should put it into the GAC automatically, but there may have been a problem. So get this c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\System.Windows.dll  and put it into the GAC.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Kind regards,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
SAM
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Oct 2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you Boyan.
That didnot fix the issue. However i managed to get the Scheduler First Look control ( which i am trying to implement).
I have one road block in the development phase. I am trying to acieve a list view to display all related events to a particular cateogory of event.
Please see the existing functionality we have and the one i am trying to achieve.

Pic1 : Exisiting functionality.
When you click on one of the categories similar to Rad Scheduler categories, it lists out all events on the side.

Pic2: Rad Scheduler ( Under Development)
I am trying to aciheve the same in Rad Scheduler to list out all events by category on a click.
Can we retrive this list in Rad scheduler ( views functionality)?

Let me know.
Venkata
Rosi
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 07:25 AM
Hello,

The described functionality is not built-in RadScheduler for Silverlight. However on click you can filter the data source that RadScheduler is bound to.

Also if RadScheduler is bound to an observable collection of appointments you can follow the link below illustrating how to filter it:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/luc/archive/2009/01/14/sorts-and-filters-on-observablecollection.aspx

Kind regards,
Rosi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
venkat k
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
SAM
Top achievements
Rank 1