This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radchart stack bar 100% need title

1 Answer 25 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Allen asked on 26 Apr 2013, 11:26 AM

The RadChart in Silverlight has the option to show a stacked bar as 100% series format.

I want to add a label with a custom value at the top of each bar.

So far I have been unable to do this.

Thinking a few options could be

1: Add another horizontal line series where the point is invisible but show on the lables so they appear to be labels on the top of each bar.

2.Add annotations with marked Zones where the Zone has a custom label and is positioned on top of each bar.

I believe option 2 is the more palatable solution. But so far I have been unable for whatever reason to show the Marked Zones annotation on my Stacked Bar 100% series chart.

Any information is appreciated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 May 2013, 06:49 AM
Hello Allen,

Since you have not yet integrated the RadChart deeply into your application I will suggest that you use the new RadChartView instead. It is a set of controls (RadCartesianChart, RadPieChart and others) with a greater performance than the old RadChart and is generally more flexible and customizeable (comparison here).

I have attached a simple project to demonstrate how to set up a stacked bar chart with the RadCartesianChart. I have placed the labels of each bar in its middle, because if the label is placed on top of the bar it would actually be in the space occupied by another bar and this might be misleading. 

Regards,
Petar Marchev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
Share this question
or