There are many factors that can lead to longer load times. As to what you're reporting, I cannot replicate the behavior, my tests load the Calendar in about 1 second for initial load, with custom styling and the debugger attached (see this video
Some of the things that can affect run-time performance:
- The device itself. slower phones or older OS version can affect Xamarin.Forms performance.
- Is this the first page in the application? Then you might also be waiting for Xamarin.Forms to load, try using the Calendar on a different page and then navigate to it.
- Are you deploying with the debugger attached? This adds a very visible performance hit, try launching the app without the debugger.
- Are you using Cell Styling? This can add load times as each item needs to be styled separately depending on the rules in the styling logic.
- Is there a view model loading a lot of appointments? Make sure you're loading appointments only the needed appointments, asynchronously.
I can't tell what version of UI for Xamarin that you're using because I don't see that you have a license for the product (trial or purchase). Are you using the product form your employer? You can have them assign you as licensed user here
If you got the product from another location, we cannot guarantee that it hasn't been altered and there may be other things running in the SDK Examples app. Please make sure you're always getting the code and product from www.telerik.com (or approved reseller).
Can you provide a runnable example of the 4 second load time so that we can investigate this further. Also please provide more information (e.g. version of UI for Xamarin, what target platform this is happening on, etc).
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Feedback Portal
and vote to affect the priority of the items