General Discussions
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
David asked on 16 Jun 2021, 01:54 PM

First, thank you and your team for the update.  I know how large of a project these can be.  Your team does wonders.

I just updated my development suite to R2-2021 SP1.  During your setup wizard you are given the choice to "Create Desktop Shortcuts".  It appears this release has a minor bug in that the "HTML Demos - Kendo UI for jQuery R2 2021 SP1" ignores this preference setting.  It creates a desktop shortcut even when told not to.  :-}

Obviously you have larger fish to fry but in your quest for perfection please patch this bug.  Having to delete one shortcut is obviously easier than 19 or more icons.

Thanks again for the update.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2021, 09:25 AM

Thank you for the kind product feedback.

As far as the shortcut issue is concerned, I am not reproducing it on my side, when selecting not to install it:

I tested the above installation settings on two machines on my side and no shortcut is created. Is it possible that the shortcut on your side is the one of the previous version that is installed on your side? There may be multiple versions installed simultaneously and the new installation (e.g. R2 2021 SP1) would not modify the settings for a previous one (e.g. R3 2020).

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
commented on 21 Jun 2021, 01:05 PM

Your screen shot might be indicative of why we have different results. I am using the Progress Control Panel and you appear to be using some other form of installation. I like your method better! I have no clue how you are doing what you are doing. It looks interesting.
Dimitar
Telerik team
commented on 21 Jun 2021, 04:29 PM

My screenshot comes from the offline installer  kendoui.for.jquery.2021.2.616.commercial.msi file, which may be downloaded from your Telerik account -> Downloads section

I installed the product through the latest installation of Progress Control Panel and there is no shortcut on my side with this workflow.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team