This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2007 + SP1 - BETA?

5 Answers 88 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Brad asked on 17 Jan 2008, 10:51 PM
Hi,

Will there be a BETA release of SP1 for Q3 2007?

I have a number of problems that I would like to check are fixed before it's official release...

Thanks,
Brad

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Brad,

Thank you for writing.

We are planning to release Q3 SP1 next month. There will be no beta release of the SP1.
Could you give us a shortlist of the issues you would like to check. We'll give you the status on each one.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

Regards,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Jan 2008, 10:24 PM
The two main things I'm interested in are the problems with disposing objects:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbdgtb.aspx

And whether or not you were able to make improvements to RadSpinEditor:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-baagac.aspx

Thanks,
Brad

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2008, 03:07 PM
Hello Brad,

Thank you for writing.

Regarding the disposing object issue:
We have found an issue related to disposing objects in design time. This issue will be addressed in our service pack release, which will be released next month. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Answeing the second part of the question:

We found the source of the problem related to clicking on the increment or decrement buttons repeatedly and quickly, where it takes several clicks for each value change. It comes from the double click logic in RadRepeatButton. We will make changes to the RadSpinEditor to workaround this issue.

Regarding the size of the buttons on the RadSpinEditor - they are fully customizable through the Element Tree editor and also via the control theme.

Currently, we have the focus issue with RadSpinEditor that comes from the RadRibbonBar layout system and it is not possible to display the RadSpinEditor in the RadRibbonBar at design time. Currently, it is only possible to add RadSpinEditor to the RadRibbonBar via the RadHostItem as shown below:

RadSpinEditor spinEditor = new RadSpinEditor();

spinEditor.MinimumSize = new Size(50, 17);
            RadHostItem control = new RadHostItem(
spinEditor );
            this.radRibbonBarChunk2.Items.Add(control);

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I could be of further assistance.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 12:03 AM
Were you able to make some improvements to your click and drag capability for fast increments and decrements of RadSpinEditor?

Quote from linked thread:

"2. Your facility to click and drag for fast incrimination is a nice idea but is not practical.  As soon as you drag outside the control the incrimination stops.  For this feature to be useful people will need to be able to drag their mouse beyond the focus of the RadSpinEditor.
3. I would like to see the mouse icon change when using the click and drag functionality.  Possibly also the ability to increment and decrement during a single drag process. (ie: increase and decrease based on original starting position, making it independent of which button the drag process began in.)"

Thanks,
Brad
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 04:24 PM
Hi Brad,

In response to your first question - our goal is to have our controls follow the way Microsoft controls function as closely as possible. The behavior of the Microsoft control (NumericUpDown) is identical to that of our control in this particular case. As you drag outside of the area of the control, the incrementing stops.

You can change the mouse cursor during a drag&drop operation by handling the MouseMove event, and change the cursor in case the mouse button is pressed.

Could you also describe in additional detail the "ability to increment and decrement during a single drag process" feature.

Please contact us if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kiril