This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2012 Project Upgrade Wizard missing

5 Answers 300 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jorge asked on 10 Jul 2012, 06:23 AM
Hi guys

I'm currently having the same issue shown in post
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/general-discussions/q3-2011-upgrade-problems.aspx
but with the Q2 2012 version.

I've tried all the workarounds you suggested in the previous post, but it doesn't work for me. I'm trying to upgrade my Telerik solution (wich includes several projects, two of them using radcontrols) from version Q2 2011 SP1 to Q2 2012. I can see a Telerik menu in Visual Studio 2010, but it only shows the options at the attachment below.

I've even installed radcontrols in another two computers, just to test if it was a problem with the one I use, but the result has been the same in all of them.I have no other Telerik product installed (I uninstalled Q2 2011 before, as always). The extensions I have installed in VS2010 are:
  • Telerik UserSettings VSExtensions v1.1
  • Telerik WinForms VSExtensions v2012.2.606.0
  • Telerik.CommonPackage v1.0
  • VisualSVN 2.5.2.0

Any idea/suggestion about haw can I solve my problem?

Thank you in advance

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 08:47 AM
Well, I have partially solved my problem.

I've tried to convert the solution to Telerik with "Convert to Telerik WinForms Application" (although it was yet a Telerik Winform Application) and when that process finished, a new item "Upgrade Wizard" appeared in Telerik menu.

So far so good.

Here my new problem: as I told in previous comment, I have a sollution with several projects (5, in fact), which two of them (one is the main project in the sollution) use telerik control. The upgrade wizard only lets me upgrade de main project, not the other one (it doesn't appear as an item I can check in the select projects dialog.

So that, now I have a project with Q2 2012 and the other one full of errors and warnings because it still has references to Q2 2011.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 12:55 PM
Hi Jorge,

As you have already noticed the Upgrade wizard is available only for Telerik enabled projects (projects which have references to a Telerik assemblies). After the uninstallation of the older version your projects are not Telerik enabled any more because they reference something which is no longer present on your machine. In this case you should use the convert wizard for each of the projects in your solution (right click on the project in the Solution explorer and select RadControls for WinForms -> Convert to Telerik WinForms Application). After converting the projects they all will be listed in the Upgrade wizard.

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 01:14 PM
Thank you Biliana

I did as you have told me, but the problem is that when I right click on the second project with telerik controls, I don't have the "Rad Controls for Winforms" submenu, as I had in the other one.

I have solved this manually, removing the references in this project to older telerik, and adding (one by one) the new ones. After this, the upgrade wizard has been able to see both projects as selectables.
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 08:53 AM
Hello Jorge,

I am glad that you have managed to update the project even manually.
As for the missing "Rad Controls for Winforms" submenu, could you please tell me whether this project is a Win Forms project, or it is a Class Library? In case it is a Class Library it is normal that the menu is missing (we don't offer Convert option for Class Library) and the only way to repair the broken references is to manually change them as you did. 

Regards,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 10:50 AM
Hello Billiana

You're ok, this project is a Class Library I use to create "basic forms" with common functionalities that are inherited from the forms in the main project (the ones the user can see). With the previous project migration tool everything was more simple, I think.

Thank you for the response.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Biliana Ficheva