This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2011 - Displaying Message on Drag Ending\Ended Event

4 Answers 113 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stephen asked on 22 Mar 2011, 04:13 PM
I've just upgraded to WinForms Q1 2011, and have been converting across to the new Treeview Control. I have a screen that uses drag n drop between two Treeviews, and does some validation on the DragEnding event, which can result in a user message being displayed and the drag operation being cancelled. In the Q1 2011 Treeview if you show a MsgBox within the DragEnding event the MsgBox just keeps appearing over and over again and you cannot cancel it. I tried moving the MsgBox into the DragEnded event, however this produces an odd behaviour, where the dragged node floats around inside the message box following the cursor (but not outside the msgbox screen), also you have to press OK on the msgbox twice before it dissapears. 
This is not a difficult behaviour to re-create. I really need to be able to provide some user feedback on the dragEnding event, without this the drag and drop functionaity is really quite limited for real business applications. 
Any help with this, much appreaciated

Regards

Steve    

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2011, 05:03 PM
Raised a support ticket for this one now http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=407201.

Drag n Drop does not appear to be very stable at all at the moment, I am getting random lock-ups when dropping nodes, as well as the multiple DragEnding events firing. I'm also not that impressed with how the visual clue for the drop target is working, we have a very fine underline that is almost impossible to see and the slightest mouse twitch ends up with you dropping on the wrong target. Think I might just use the standard windows tree control instead, my business users just won't like this one !.
Svett
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Stephen,

There are several known issues regarding drag and drop in RadTreeView (including the DragEnding and DragEnded events issue that you have experienced). I am glad to inform you that that they have been addressed for the upcoming service pack release. 

All the best,
Svett
the Telerik team
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Svett,
     Do you have a release date for this yet ?

Regards

Steve
Svett
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Stephen,

I am not able to give you an exact date, but I can say that the release is scheduled for mid-April.

All the best,
Svett
the Telerik team
Tags
Treeview
Asked by
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stephen
Top achievements