This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with version 2013.3 1316 and a Kendo Grid populated by AJAX Datasource?

3 Answers 90 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carl asked on 20 Jan 2014, 05:16 PM
Hello Kendo,

I had been running version 2013.3.1119.440 of the Kendo.Mvc.dll in my MVC 4 application. Grid was working fine. This morning I downloaded and installed the latest version of Kendo. I updated my project, and was referencing the new .dll .... when I ran the application all seemed to be working fine (drop downs, tools tips, etc), all except for the Kendo grid. My grid is populated via Ajax calls. The grid does not load the data, but all associated data calls seem to be working fine. (i.e. counts on data pulls, etc) Such counts display fine, drop down is pulling data just fine ... just no data is displayed in the Grid.

I had to uninstall version  2013.3 1316, and re-install the previous version 2013.3.1119 ... recreated the reference in my application, and then the Grid was working fine. All is back to normal.

Please confirm that the Grid works with an AJAX datasource ... and if there is something wrong with the latest download.

Thanks,

Carl

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2014, 08:51 PM
Carl,

Please see http://www.kendoui.com/forums/kendo-ui-complete-for-asp-net-mvc/general-discussions/additional-data-for-datasource-requests-are-completely-broken.aspx - this isn't a problem with the grid but with the datasource and specifically the kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js file which serialises the data for the controller.

It has been separately discovered by at least three customers other than yourself, and acknowledged as a bug by Telerik - apparently there will be a fix in the next internal build.

I hope this helps.
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the prompt reply. What is the rough time frame for the next internal build? All of my grids use the AJAX datasource ... Since I was able to downgrade to the previous version of Kendo, I am OK for now. Having said that, I was hoping to take advantage of some of the new features in the latest build.  Specifically the "Set OptionLabel to an Object" for a DropDownList as discussed here:
http://www.kendoui.com/forums/kendo-ui-complete-for-asp-net-mvc/dropdownlist/set-optionlabel-to-an-object.aspx)

Thanks again,

Carl

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 11:30 AM
Carl,
     I don't work for Telerik so I wasn't able to answer yesterday - I checked throughout the day but the internal build didn't appear until I had left work. It is now available in the "Your account" area of the Telerik website. Looking at the timestamp on the change log, this was released circa 22:12 GMT last night. Other customers report it is fixed, and the offending area has been changed, but we will not now be able to upgrade until at least next Sprint in order to check. I hope this helps,
Regards,
Peter
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1