This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with JustCode_2013.2.528.1_Dev update

12 Answers 52 Views
Code Analysis
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
Roman asked on 29 May 2013, 08:10 AM
Today I have updated JustCode with JustCode_2013.2.528.1_Dev (in Visual Studio 2012).

Since then it shows a lot of errors, such as VB.NET: Unknown method 'IsNothing', Unknown entity 'Collection' and so on.

It seems, that it doesn't recognize any VB.NET methods and functions.
In previous version there was no such problem.

How can I get rid of the problem?

With regards,
Roman

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2013, 12:00 PM
Hi
I have the same issue! 
It didn't work more after I've installed.

Regards,

Rodrigo Sehnem.
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2013, 12:27 PM
Hi,

We are aware of this issue and a fix will be released in the upcoming internal build till the end of the week.

Meanwhile, I could suggest ignoring the errors as a temporary solution or rollback to a previous version.
Thanks and stay tuned.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Share what you think about JustCode with us, so we can help you even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustCode, our forum, or our JustCode feedback portal.
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I'm doing it already.

Regards,
Rodrigo Sehnem.
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2013, 05:44 AM
Hi!

I've installed the new internal build and all the problems are gone, except for one dll.
I'm using SuperWebSocket (from superwebsocket.codeplex.com/ ) and there are still 'Unknown type...' errors.

With other 3rd party dlls there are no problems, just with this one.

I just executed 'Ignore All Errors in This File', so let's say I'm ok with that, but I thought that you should like to know about this problem.

Regards,
Roman

Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Roman,

I downloaded the project you mentioned, but there weren't any errors.
Would you provide us some more information about the types that you are using from the dll in order to reproduce the errors?
A small sample project would be highly appreciated too, because sometimes the errors are context related.
Thanks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Share what you think about JustCode with us, so we can help you even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustCode, our forum, or our JustCode feedback portal.
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2013, 11:07 AM
Hi!

I've tried creating new project, but there were no errors, so I clicked 'Unignore All Ignored Problems In Current File' in the project with problem and since no problems appeared, I also clicked on 'Unignore All Ignored Problems...', but alas, still no problems with that dll.

I don't know what changed, except me clicking ignore/unignore and a few computer restarts between then and now.

Thanks for your effort anyway!
Regards,
Roman
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Zdravko,

I had been the same trouble in the last internal build(2013.2.530.10).
I ignored all errors and waited for last build but when I installed it kept to show the same errors.

What I need to do?

Thank you!

Regards,
Rodrigo Sehnem.
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2013, 08:21 AM
Hi Rodrigo,

After you have installed the latest JustCode version, refresh the code analysis from JustCode's menu -> Analysis -> Refresh Code Analysis.
If this doesn't help, a sample solution that reproduces the errors would be highly appreciated.
If you are not able to provide such, it would be helpful if you report some of them so we could try reproducing.

Thank you.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Zdravko,

I've tried many ways but anyone worked.
  1. I've tried to install (JustCode_2013.2.528.1_Dev) after the JustCode_2013.1.404_DevThis version haven't worked.
  2. I've re-installed JustCode_2013.1.404_Dev. This version have worked normally.
  3. I've tried to install (JustCode_2013.2.530.10_Dev) after the JustCode_2013.2.528.1_DevThis version haven't worked.
  4. I've tried to install (JustCode_2013.2.530.10_Dev) after the JustCode_2013.1.404_DevThis version haven't worked.
  5. I've tried to install (JustCode_2013.2.606.6_Dev) after the JustCode_2013.2.530.10_DevThis version haven't worked.

Both all them I've tried 'Refresh Code Analysis' and didn't work.
I'm not able to provide a sample solution because I couldn't reproduce.
I was reading my post but I didn't tell you that my project is in C#.

Thank you!

Regards,
Rodrigo Sehnem
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jun 2013, 12:48 PM
Hello Roman,

Thanks for the reply.
As I can see from your post, you have no errors with "JustCode_2013.1.404_Dev. This version have worked normally."
Can you send us your solution so we could investigate?
Also report some of the errors as shown in this demo.
Thanks.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2013, 02:16 PM
I created a new ticket and attached a new project that reproduce the issues.

P.S. I couldn't open your link demo because here is blocked. :)

Thank you.

Regards,
Rodrigo Sehnem.
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jun 2013, 02:27 PM
Hi,

You can report error by putting the cursor on it, press Alt + Enter and from the visual aid menu pick "Configure Language Error" > Report Good Code Red.

However, a fix for the errors will be released in the upcoming Q2 version.
Thanks.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Tags
Code Analysis
Asked by
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Zdravko
Telerik team