Good morning. We use your WPF controls at work. I am looking to purchase another copy of these controls and reporting solution for another company and had a few reporting pre-sales questions, if that is alright.
I have looked at every reporting solution out there and there are many of them, but really none of them have the capability to produce published works. Yours seems to be the closest solution I can find. I saw in your demo that your report book supports a TOC for the entire book, and a TOC for one of the reports within the book (thank you for that example). At the company I am looking to purchase your tools for, I have written a reporting tool to generate our published work. Howbeit, it is 15 years old (on old technology) and I would much rather use a reporting tool like yours.
If you are game, a few questions please. In the following questions, I will refer to each section of the work as a report:
- can the TOC for the report book support both Roman and Arabic numbers? (one report prints Roman page numbers, all the other reports print Arabic page numbers)
- can a report within a report book restart page numbering?
- the report book needs its own cover page, as well as most of the reports within the report book. Do you support this?
- when generating page numbers for the report book, may the incrementing of page numbers skip cover pages?
- several of the reports dynamically reference page numbers in other parts of the report book. Does your reporting solution support page number references that are calculated on the fly (the page number reference in text may reference a past page or future page)? Can I reference tags somehow in the text that resolves these page numbers? If not, may I run the report with these tags set to 0; save off the page numbers as the reports are being generated; cancel it; then run the report again with the tags containing the saved page numbers? I trust I am conveying what I'm wanting to do.
- does your report book, or individual reports, support setting a gutter? I use a 0.3" gutter for both left and right pages so that the enture report book may be three-hole punched.
- for each report in the report book, may I start each of them on the right page? If the prior report ended on the right page, that it would automatically add a blank left page?
Thank you for having a sense of humor to answer these questions, I appreciate it.