This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pareto Chart

6 Answers 116 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Darek asked on 17 Jun 2009, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have a pareto chart based on RadChart that they could share?

Darek

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Darek,

It is possible to create a pareto looking chart by manually aggregating your data on the back end. For example you can group all records below a certain value in your SQL query or using LINQ. Then you can bind the chart to the pareto data.

Automatic paretto charts are not yet supported but are on our list of things to do. If there is significantly large demand for them we can move them up the list and give them a high proprity.

Anyone else need pareto charts? Feel free to post your requirements and requests here.

Kind regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, that's what I did, but with Visifire ... (sorry, my developers decided to use Silverlight Toolkit March 2009 edition which is in direct conflict with Telerik Charts, i.e. as soon as I put reference to both in one project, it bombs)
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Darek,

Can you please clarify a bit what you mean by "bombs"? Perhaps you are using both the Telerik.Charting namespace and the toolkit chart namespace which may confuse the C# compiler with common charting classes such as "Axis" or "Bar".

Kind regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2009, 05:33 PM
No, I am not usign the Toolkit Charting namespace at all, unless of course Visifire does. The code compiles fine, however when the page is about to be painted, I am getting thsi error:

System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs}

base {System.EventArgs}: {System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs}

ExceptionObject: {System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypes(IntPtr module, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypes(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()

at Avanade.Windows.Navigation.Application.NavigatableApplication.LoadAssemblyPresenters(Assembly assembly)

at Avanade.Windows.Navigation.Application.NavigatableApplication.AutoDiscoverPresenters()

at Avanade.Windows.Navigation.Application.NavigatableApplication.StartApplicationIfPossible()

at Avanade.Windows.Navigation.Application.NavigatableApplication.OnApplicationLoaded(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Avanade.Windows.Packaging.PackageManager.DownloadItem()

at Avanade.Windows.Packaging.PackageManager.Start()

at Avanade.Windows.Navigation.Application.NavigatableApplication.OnApplicationStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)}

Handled: true

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Darek,

Thanks a lot for looking into this! Unfortunately this stack trace does not help much. Do you have any additional info? Can you please send us the project so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 03:49 PM
I think it is a problem with the Avanade's library. I've made the mistake of trusting that it will simplify my internal development, but it caused nothing but headaches (except for navigation, but that could have been easily achieved using Telerik libraries). Even if I add the Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll it errors out during load in exactly same way. The only libs it doesn't seem to have a problem with are Telerik.Windows.Controls, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.

That will teach me not to let 3rd party developers run wild.
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
Darek
Top achievements
Rank 1