This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pan and Zoom

3 Answers 128 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Herbert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Herbert asked on 21 Aug 2014, 05:42 AM
Hey Telerik,

i couldn't found a functionality for Pan and Zoom in the UI-Kit. 
I also take a look at the Documentation, but there are no References if
this function is also available for iOS not only windows phone. 

Maybe you can give me an alternative way to display 
a Chart with huge amounts of Datapoints. Because, if i
add the data points to my TKChart, you couldn't recognice anything. There are
to many points inside, so the user should be able to interact with the Chart, by zooming in
or scroll right or left for getting a better resolution of the current Chart.

Thanks for your help!

Herbert

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2014, 09:50 AM
Hello Herbert,

Thank you for your interest in our controls.

Here is an example of how to enable the pan and zoom functionality of TKChart for iOS:
- (void)demo_PanZoom
{
    [_chart removeAllData];

_chart.xAxis = [[TKChartNumericAxis alloc] initWithMinimum:@(0) andMaximum:@(2000) position:TKChartAxisPositionBottom];
    ((TKChartNumericAxis*)_chart.xAxis).majorTickInterval = @(10);
    _chart.yAxis = [[TKChartNumericAxis alloc] initWithMinimum:@(0) andMaximum:@(100) position:TKChartAxisPositionLeft];
    ((TKChartNumericAxis*)_chart.yAxis).majorTickInterval = @(10);

NSMutableArray *items = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
    for (int i = 0; i <= 2000; i++) {
        [items addObject:[[TKChartDataPoint alloc] initWithX:@(i) Y:@(arc4random() % 100)]];
    }

TKChartLineSeries *lineSeries = [[TKChartLineSeries alloc] initWithItems:items];
    lineSeries.title = @"Series 1";
    [_chart addSeries:lineSeries];

_chart.xAxis.allowZoom = YES;
    _chart.yAxis.allowZoom = YES;
    _chart.xAxis.zoom = 30;
    _chart.xAxis.pan = 550;
}

The missing documentation article is logged in our feedback portal and you can use this link to track the status of the task.

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Abubaker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2014, 11:13 AM
Can you please explain what these pan and zoom options do. I am confused. My problem is that if i have a very small value for yaxis then the chart shows very small bars. my values are like 0.00065 or less. So i allowzoom on yaxis. then i have charts in which i have a lot of bars. then i allowzoom for xaxis. but what is pan. there is pan for xaxis and yaxis. When to use zoom and when to use pan. 

Need more information 
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2014, 04:06 PM
Hi Abubaker,

The pan option allows you to move the starting point of the axis. It should be used in conjunction with the zoom option. For example when the zoom is set to a big value you will be able to see only part of the data. You can change the pan value for the axis to see another part of the data keeping the same zoom ratio. You can see the pan/zoom interaction in our demo application. The Chart >> Pan/Zoom example demonstrates exactly this. Just zoom with your fingers and then pan to move the chart.

Another option that will fit in your scenario is to change the axis range and the majorTickInterval property. Send us your code and we will be glad to assist you further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Jack
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Herbert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Abubaker
Top achievements
Rank 1