Paging bug

Thread is closed for posting
5 posts, 2 answers
  1. Alfred Ortega
    Alfred Ortega avatar
    193 posts
    Member since:
    May 2005

    Posted 10 Nov 2008 Link to this post

    Using 2008.03 controls w/ new ORM in VS 2008 Arc Ed.
    SQL 2005 Express for  DB
    Table Customer
    --ID int identity(1,1)
    --Name nvarchar(50)

    I built a simple little app to test the binding w/ the grid and noticed that it doesn't page quite right.  I created a customer object (id,name) for testing populated it with 150 records to page.  The binding and sorting all went well and then I paged from 1 to 2 with no problem.  However from pages 3 and > it continued to show the records of page 2, even though the pager displayed the page I expected to be on.  when I started scrolling back it stayed showing page 2's results for all pages - until I got back to page 1 which displayed properly.

    I changed the paging style to numeric instead and got the same result.  Page 1 displays properly and all other pages show what should be page 2.  It doesn't matter what sort is set, it always does the same thing. 

    When I view the profiler, I got very happy that no Select * stuff was happening but instead good SQL to only return the proper 10 records which is fantastic - now if you can just sent the right parameter values it'll be perfect! ;-)

    [Edit]
    Just for clarification the RadGrid is bound to an OpenAccessDataSource.
    [/Edit]

    Al
  2. Answer
    Jan Blessenohl
    Admin
    Jan Blessenohl avatar
    707 posts

    Posted 11 Nov 2008 Link to this post

    Hi Alfred Ortega,

    Yes, we did fix that. I hope that we can get a new build to the web by today.

    All the best,
    Jan Blessenohl
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Answer
    Alfred Ortega
    Alfred Ortega avatar
    193 posts
    Member since:
    May 2005

    Posted 11 Nov 2008 Link to this post

    Great - thanks

    Al
  4. Marco
    Marco  avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2009

    Posted 30 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    i'm having the same bug in version 2009.1.402.20.

    this is a know issue?

    What can i do to avoid this problem?
  5. Zoran
    Admin
    Zoran avatar
    534 posts

    Posted 01 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Marco ,

    It was known bug and fixed for the 2009.1.605.1 internal build of OpenAccess. I guess you are using some older version and that is why you still see the misbehavior. If your case is not to urgent, I would suggest you use the upcoming Q2 release of the OpenAccessDataSource that should really be the most stable version so far.

    If you are using the latest version an still have the problem, could you please collaborate a bit with us and describe the problem in more detail, so we could do the fix in time for the Q2 release.

    All the best,
    Zoran
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Back to Top