This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Paging bug

4 Answers 84 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alfred Ortega
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alfred Ortega asked on 11 Nov 2008, 01:39 AM
Using 2008.03 controls w/ new ORM in VS 2008 Arc Ed.
SQL 2005 Express for  DB
Table Customer
--ID int identity(1,1)
--Name nvarchar(50)

I built a simple little app to test the binding w/ the grid and noticed that it doesn't page quite right.  I created a customer object (id,name) for testing populated it with 150 records to page.  The binding and sorting all went well and then I paged from 1 to 2 with no problem.  However from pages 3 and > it continued to show the records of page 2, even though the pager displayed the page I expected to be on.  when I started scrolling back it stayed showing page 2's results for all pages - until I got back to page 1 which displayed properly.

I changed the paging style to numeric instead and got the same result.  Page 1 displays properly and all other pages show what should be page 2.  It doesn't matter what sort is set, it always does the same thing. 

When I view the profiler, I got very happy that no Select * stuff was happening but instead good SQL to only return the proper 10 records which is fantastic - now if you can just sent the right parameter values it'll be perfect! ;-)

[Edit]
Just for clarification the RadGrid is bound to an OpenAccessDataSource.
[/Edit]

Al

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2008, 10:17 AM
Hi Alfred Ortega,

Yes, we did fix that. I hope that we can get a new build to the web by today.

All the best,
Jan Blessenohl
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Accepted
Alfred Ortega
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Nov 2008, 05:03 PM
Great - thanks

Al
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 09:02 AM
i'm having the same bug in version 2009.1.402.20.

this is a know issue?

What can i do to avoid this problem?
Zoran
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2009, 07:40 AM
Hi Marco ,

It was known bug and fixed for the 2009.1.605.1 internal build of OpenAccess. I guess you are using some older version and that is why you still see the misbehavior. If your case is not to urgent, I would suggest you use the upcoming Q2 release of the OpenAccessDataSource that should really be the most stable version so far.

If you are using the latest version an still have the problem, could you please collaborate a bit with us and describe the problem in more detail, so we could do the fix in time for the Q2 release.

All the best,
Zoran
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alfred Ortega
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
Alfred Ortega
Top achievements
Rank 2