This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Overlapping of controls

3 Answers 262 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aleksandr asked on 21 Mar 2016, 09:07 AM
Hello.

I have a problem with arranging of textboxes in a report. All controls in my report have "Docking" property equal Top, but on the second page of my report there is overlapping of controls. The screenshot in the attachments. Overlapping is on Designer's preview tab and on the final pdf document. What is wrong? 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2016, 03:34 PM
Hi Aleksandr,

It is not necessary to apply docking for report items in order to keep them in their positions. At run-time, the items that extend down the page will push the content below them.

Docking is useful for example when you want to resize the inner item automatically based on the size of the parent item. In all other cases, the items will be resized based on their content.
Thus, test removing the Docking properties for all the items.

In case, the above information does not help, please elaborate more on your scenario and what you are trying to accomplish by setting the Docking property. You can also send us a sample report in a support ticket.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2016, 06:31 AM

Hi Katia,

In my report, all elements(textboxes, htmltextboxes, pictureboxes, ...) must be placed one after the other. Some of the elements in the process of report building can become invisible (Visible = false). In this case, I need to elements that are located below moved upward. For this I use the property "Docking = Top"

Best Regards,

Aleksandr

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2016, 03:57 PM
Hello Aleksandr,

When you change the visibility of report items they are repositioned according to the rules described in Design Considerations for Report Item Layout/Visibility help article.

In a simple scenario, if the item is hidden, the item below will move on its place. Thus, you can still try to remove Docking properties and see if this gives you the desired output.

You can also open a support ticket and attach a sample report. This way we can see its structure and give you more accurate suggestions.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Katia
Telerik team
Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1