This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Open Access Hotfix 2015.1.225.1 error

1 Answer 178 Views
Miscellaneous
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 02 Apr 2020, 01:53 PM

We are running into an error with Open Access 2015.1.225.1.  We've used the hotfix file that was attached to another forum post, but sometimes when users submit information we get the following error.

Failed to retrieve the automatically incremented column value from the server.  Possible reason:  Trigger does not perform 'select ID from insert' as last operation.  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Failed to retrieve the automatically incremented column value from the server.

This was supposed to be fixed in this hotfix, but we don't use SQL Server 2016.  We are using SQL Server 2014.  I'm at my wits end from trying to fix this. I've made sure all incremented IDs are database calculated, etc.  There isn't much out there as this product is dead, but I'm hoping someone might have a tip or trick for fixing this.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2020, 08:11 AM

Hello Dan,

As of 31st of October 2016, dedicated support for the product has been discontinued and there will be no new features or product updates. However, as DataAccess will continue to be an integral part of Sitefinity CMS and we will support developers using DataAccess in this context

You can refer to the following page for more information:

https://www.telerik.com/data-access-sunsetting

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 06 Aug 2022, 02:15 AM

Hi Viktor,

Can you provide a link for me to download the excusable file of version Open Access 2015.1.225.1 ? 

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
commented on 11 Aug 2022, 06:04 AM

Hi Paul,

Have in mind that Open Access has been deprecated and is no longer supported. As an alternative it is recommended to use Microsoft Entity Framework.

Tags
Miscellaneous
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Share this question
or