This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office2007Blue skin and column color

5 Answers 71 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter Luth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter Luth asked on 25 Nov 2008, 10:28 AM
Hello,

We have tried to use the Office2007Blue skin for RadGridView. However when selecting a cell, it colors the entire column from the first row to the last row in a blue color.

This coloring does not really make sense when you are working on rows and not columns. Is it possible to disable this somehow without creating a new theme?

Thanks.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2008, 12:43 PM
Hello Martin,

Thank you for this question.

The easiest way to change the appearance is by processing the CellFormatting event. Consider the code snippet below:

void radGridView1_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e) 
    if (e.CellElement is GridDataCellElement && 
        e.CellElement.RowElement is GridDataRowElement) 
    { 
        if (e.CellElement.IsCurrentColumn) 
        { 
            e.CellElement.DrawFill = e.CellElement.IsCurrent; 
        } 
    } 

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to write me if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Peter Luth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Nov 2008, 03:44 PM
I was hoping for a more simple solution, since we use many RadGridViews in our code. Is it not possible to do something with the new colour blending feature?
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Martin Bo,

Thank you for writing me back.

The blending feature works much like the blend function available in Photoshop - it changes all colors inside the grid and it isn't possible to change only the color of a specific row. 

As an alternative solution you can change the color in the theme file.

I can assure you that this issue will be addressed in our upcoming service pack next week.

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to write us.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Peter Luth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2008, 11:05 AM
Hello Jack,

I updated to the newest service pack, but I did not see this issue addressed. Did it not make it to the release?

Thanks.
Accepted
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2008, 06:07 PM
Hi Martin,

I confirm that we didn't changed the Office2007Blue appearance in our latest service pack. Nevertheless it would be possible to change the appearance of the grid according to your needs, using the modified version of the Office2007Blue theme (that I have attached). It has the current-column style removed.
Here are few suggestions on how you can add this theme to your application:
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/winforms/general/adding-custom-redistributable-themes.aspx
Let me know if you need assistance about this any further.

Unfortunately, currently there is not any way to change this behavior, but using the theme attached. We will consider extending grid's functionality to support that in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Peter Luth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Peter Luth
Top achievements
Rank 1