This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Nuget

15 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
N Mackay asked on 12 Sep 2016, 04:34 PM

Hi,

The  Xamarin Forms controls no longer appear in nuget packages to install, even when you select pre-release.

Is there a new server or something? I'm using https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget

Thanks,

Norman.

15 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2016, 08:08 PM
Hi Norman,

You won't see it in the default list when you select the "Browse" tab. Instead, you need to search for it explicitly. I've attached a screenshot of me performing the search as of a couple minutes ago.

Let me know if searching for Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin still provides no results.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Sep 2016, 08:51 AM

Hi Lance,

Thanks for that, it did appear by default in VS2013 so it caught me out.

How do I get the beta via nuget as the solution supports UWP too?

Thanks,

Norman.

Accepted
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2016, 01:10 PM
Hello Norman,

The package version v2016.3.830.1 is the UI for Xamarin version that includes UWP support. This is what you can see in my previous screenshot.

If you don't see this version, it may be because you are currently referencing an older version. To update, open the version selector dropdown (to the right in the Nuget Package manager) and you'll be able to select "Latest Stable"

Note that is the beta version, the official version is being released this week. Please let me know if you have any further questions or have trouble adding the reference.

Regards,
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Sep 2016, 04:07 PM

Hi Lance,

Yep, all working as expected via nuget.

The only issue was it installed the wrong version of v8 renderscript (21.0.0) and the reference goes awol in Droid.

I just uninstalled renderscript and manually installed the correct one (23.3.0) for Forms 2.3.1.

Thanks,

Norman.

Telerik team
answered on 14 Sep 2016, 06:54 PM
Hi Norman,

A quick update for you, we released UI for Xamarin R3 today (2016.3.914.231).  I'm sorry I couldn't mention it yesterday as this is a public thread. You can pull the latest packages now to replace the deprecated beta. The dependencies remain the same, so it should be a seamless update.

Regards,
Telerik by Progress
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2016, 09:39 AM

Thanks Lance.

I applied the release version. The UWP LIstview is light years ahead of the vanilla one in terms of performance and stability..

Batikas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Nov 2016, 10:56 AM

Hi Lance,

I just downloaded the trial telerik for xamarin forms and on the nugget - solution page I need some credentials to connect to telerik nugget server! Where can I found the username and the pass?

Thanks

Batikas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Nov 2016, 12:12 PM
works fine
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2016, 06:38 PM
Hi Batikas,

I see my colleague has answered this for you in a simultaneous Support Ticket, but I wanted to reply here so that others in the community can see the answer as well.

The dialog you see uses your Telerik Account's credentials. If you have more than one Telerik Account, be sure to sign in with the one that has a license to UI for Xamarin (trial or dev).

Please let us know if you have any further questions or trouble with UI for Xamarin.

Regards,
Telerik by Progress
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2017, 10:07 PM
I logged in to my new account, used those credentials on Nuget when prompted, added the url in nuget for the Telerik server at https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget , yet nothing is coming up on the browse tab for Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin ? please advise. I restarted vs as well.
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2017, 10:37 PM
Hello Russ,

At the top right on the Manage Nuget Packages page, you should see a dropdown that lets you pick the Package Source. This is context for the packages list.

As a test, drop that down and select the Telerik one (it will show the name you gave it. Then go back to the Browse tab and try the search again. I've just tested the server and attached the screenshot.

If you're still not seeing anything, check the Visual Studio Output pane for any error messages in the Nuget output, if you're having network issues you would see it there.

Also note that the search results will only show packages that you have licenses for. The Telerik Nuget Server uses the account you signed in to determine what licenses you have.

Regards,
Telerik by Progress
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jan 2017, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the quick response Lance. I am guessing it is a licensing issue. I just created an account tonight and was hoping to get the trial license software. I am also a Microsoft MVP and will send a request in for that comp. Thanks. I am loving the grid layout on the ListView with ability to specify the number of columns with one item source populating hortzontally on the grid. It is just what I am looking for. Thanks. If you have any other tips please let me know on this because I am on a tight timeframe. Thanks!
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jan 2017, 08:05 AM
I have been trying to install Xamarin UI trial but the download link at http://www.telerik.com/xamarin-ui downloads a trial installer for several products, but none of them are for Xamarin UI? It starts with a splash screen for Xamarin UI, but then the list appears of products to select and none are Xamarin UI.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2017, 01:34 PM
Hi Russ,

Thank you for reporting this.

Indeed, there seems to be an issue with the Trial web installer which we will investigate. For the time being, please download a Trial using the ZIP or the MSI files.

I updated your Telerik points for the report.

Regards,
Nikolay
Telerik by Progress
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2017, 03:47 PM
Hi Russ,

I wanted to follow up and provide the tips & resources that will help you get up and running quickly. First, in case you didn't know where to find it, here is the Microsoft MVP Request Form to get a DevCraft Complete (you'll also see the three major products you get comped there).

Telerik UI for Xamarin is in the DevCraft license, so once that settled you can update your project's trial DLLs with the dev DLLs (we sometimes refer to the paid license DLLs as "dev"). Okay, now onto the resources.

The Documentation

The documentation can help with most getting started and feature usage, but more importantly it has critical information on how to install and use the suite. Due to the sometimes complex nature of the Xamarin works in regards to dependencies, it's good to have a reference on what UI for Xamarin requires.

Project Wizard as a resource

One of my favorite features of the Visual Studio Extensions we ship, is the ability to quickly start up a File > New using the Project Wizard. In under a minute you can have a solution with Android, iOS, WinRT (phone and PC) and UWP with all the required dependencies (nuget and local DLL), renderer attributes and platform specific requirements (e.g. in iOS's AppDelegate you have to new-up the renderers or they'll get optimized out).  I highly recommend using this to create an empty "reference project" that you can go to whenever you need guidance on dependencies.

The QSF Demo

This example app is the demo app we publish to the app stores, it's more focused on UI polish and showcasing certain features. You can find this at C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for Xamarin [version]\QSF

The SDKExamples Demo

This app is more focused on showing you how to use most of the features of each control in certain scenarios.

You can find this app at three locations:
- Xamarin.Forms version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for Xamarin [version]\Examples\XamarinForms
- Xamarin.Android verison: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for Xamarin [version]\Examples\Android
- Xamarin.iOS version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for Xamarin [version]\Examples\iOS

I hope this information helps, if you do find that you need some assistance or get stuck on something, you have two options:

Support Options

1 - Open a support ticket
This option opens a support ticket that goes right to the UI for Xamarin support team, it carries a guaranteed response from the support team depending on your current license status

2 - Post in the forums
This option allows the public an opportunity to respond. Although we do monitor the forums and attempt to answer, we don't guarantee a Telerik Support response.

3 - Phone Assistance
If you upgrade your DevCraft Complete to DevCraft Ultimate, you will be able to use Phone Assistance. This service lets you connect right to a Technical Support Engineer and if it cannot be resolved during the call, they can initiate a Priority Support case escalation.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1