No Telerik Menu in VS 2019

2 Answers 2155 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
Fabio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fabio asked on 17 Jun 2019, 09:34 AM
Hi, I just installed new version of Progress ASP NET MVC library, the installer ended without errors and updated my VS 2019 correctly, but now I don't have a telerik menu in VS UI and if I try to create a new Telerik project from: Extensions-> Telerik->Telerik UI ASP.NET MVC->Create new Telerik project it just open normal project template list without any Telerik template inside (see attach)
I tried to uninstall and reintall Telerik MVC Package, also reinstall just the VS extension but nothing changed

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2019, 03:02 PM
Hello Fabrizio,

From Visual Studio 2019 there is no direct Telerik menu, all third party Visual Studio extensions menu entries are relocated under the Extensions menu, so using it from there is the right thing to do. Here is an article describing that(check the Note area).
The problem with the Create new Telerik project is a known issue that we already fixed. You can expect the fix with our next release that should take place until the end of this week.

In the mean time the workaround would be to filter the templates in the Project template list that appears after you try to create new Telerik project(Extensions-> Telerik->Telerik UI ASP.NET MVC->Create new Telerik project) by "Telerik ASP.NET MVC Application" and proceed with the Telerik template that appears.

As a token of gratitude for reporting this to us I have updated your Telerik points.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Fabio
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 18 Jun 2019, 11:57 PM

Perfect, the workaround seems to allow the project creation, thanks again.
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2019, 08:35 AM
Hi Fabrizio,

I'm glad that the work around worked for you.
We have now released our latest release that contains the fix for this issue. So you can make sure that the latest Visual Studio Extensions are installed and give it another try. To check the Visual Studio Extensions version you can:
  1. Open Visual Studio menu Extensions->Manage Extensions
  2. Then open the Installed tab on the right
  3. Find the Telerik ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions and check the version, the version containing the fix is 2019.2.614.1
  4. If you Extension is not the latest you can Update it through the Updates tab on the left.

I hope the provided information helps.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Gregg
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 18 Dec 2019, 05:30 PM

I have a similar problem in that the extensions do not show up at all. I re-installed all of the Telerik extensions (the installer shows them as installed) but NOTHING shows up under the VS2019 extensions menus - even the Installed. What od I do now?
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
commented on 19 Dec 2019, 07:26 AM

Hello Gregg,

If the extension is installed but not visible it could be Disabled. To verify whether this is the case please refer to this article. If the extension is installed and enabled please send us the ActivityLog from Visual Studio as described at the bottom of the troubleshooting section.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC with the dedicated Virtual Classroom technical training, available to all active customers.
Rui
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 20 Sep 2020, 07:04 PM

Not working for me. I think the problem is that I have all my software installed in a disk D: and not in C:. The Telerik seems to have the Visual Studio 2019 path hardcoded somewhere to be in C: and then doesn't detect it. What now? :(
Vesko
Telerik team
commented on 22 Sep 2020, 01:52 PM

Hi Rui,

Please, let me know if the Progress Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Extension is installed and enabled. You can use this article to check that out. If the extension is installed and enabled, please, generate a Visual Studio activity log and share it to investigate.

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Cesar
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 28 Sep 2020, 05:41 PM

Hi, I recently create a test platform test (.tstest) item into my solution and for some reason it did not open the right window(record and play window) in VS19. I installed extention already and restarted VS several times but nothing changes. I have .NET core 3.1 installed in VS19. Can you support me on this please?
Vesko
Telerik team
commented on 29 Sep 2020, 01:49 PM

Hello Cesar,

This thread is related to Telerik menu issues. Please, use your Get Technical Support page to start a Test Studio support thread.

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Fabio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
Share this question
or