No Telerik Menu in VS 2019

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Fabrizio
    Fabrizio avatar
    22 posts

Posted 17 Jun Link to this post

Hi, I just installed new version of Progress ASP NET MVC library, the installer ended without errors and updated my VS 2019 correctly, but now I don't have a telerik menu in VS UI and if I try to create a new Telerik project from: Extensions-> Telerik->Telerik UI ASP.NET MVC->Create new Telerik project it just open normal project template list without any Telerik template inside (see attach)
    I tried to uninstall and reintall Telerik MVC Package, also reinstall just the VS extension but nothing changed
  2. Answer
    Nikolay Mishev
    Admin
    Nikolay Mishev avatar
    48 posts

Posted 17 Jun Link to this post

Hello Fabrizio,

From Visual Studio 2019 there is no direct Telerik menu, all third party Visual Studio extensions menu entries are relocated under the Extensions menu, so using it from there is the right thing to do. Here is an article describing that(check the Note area).
    The problem with the Create new Telerik project is a known issue that we already fixed. You can expect the fix with our next release that should take place until the end of this week.

In the mean time the workaround would be to filter the templates in the Project template list that appears after you try to create new Telerik project(Extensions-> Telerik->Telerik UI ASP.NET MVC->Create new Telerik project) by "Telerik ASP.NET MVC Application" and proceed with the Telerik template that appears.

As a token of gratitude for reporting this to us I have updated your Telerik points.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Nikolay Mishev
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
  3. Fabrizio
    Fabrizio avatar
    22 posts

Posted 18 Jun in reply to Nikolay Mishev Link to this post

Perfect, the workaround seems to allow the project creation, thanks again.
  4. Nikolay Mishev
    Admin
    Nikolay Mishev avatar
    48 posts

Posted 20 Jun Link to this post

Hi Fabrizio,

I'm glad that the work around worked for you.
    We have now released our latest release that contains the fix for this issue. So you can make sure that the latest Visual Studio Extensions are installed and give it another try. To check the Visual Studio Extensions version you can:
    1. Open Visual Studio menu Extensions->Manage Extensions
    2. Then open the Installed tab on the right
    3. Find the Telerik ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions and check the version, the version containing the fix is 2019.2.614.1
    4. If you Extension is not the latest you can Update it through the Updates tab on the left.

I hope the provided information helps.

Regards,
    Nikolay Mishev
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.