This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New error when calling LoadLayout in v2015.2.623.40

3 Answers 58 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
John asked on 26 Jun 2015, 08:20 PM

I've been Saving and Loading the GridView layout for quite some time now.  This week I updated the UI controls to version 2015.2.623.40.  Since then, when I call LoadLayout(<MemoryStream>) I get the following message box message:

"The string you have entered cannot be converted to a valid Type object.  Please, verify the spelling and include any namespaces that migh be needed."

Yes, "might" was misspelled as "migh" in the message box.

Did something change with the Save/Load layout methods?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2015, 02:42 PM
Hello John,

Thank you for writing.

In our last release we added the column's data type to the information that is deserialized when saving the grid's layout. When loading this layout if the assembly of this data type is not loaded the exception occurs. .NET loads assemblies at the latest possible moment which is when a type of this assembly is instantiated and having a reference to the assembly does not load this assembly nor does working with its metadata.

We have this issue in our Feedback portal. You track the progress of this item, subscribe for status change alerts and add your vote/comment to it on the following link - Feedback item. For now you can use the workaround suggested in the item.

I hope this will be useful. Should you have further questions, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Ivan Petrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 10 Jul 2015, 09:37 AM

Would be quite helpful if the error message would indicate which string could not be converted....

Regards

erwin

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2015, 03:22 PM
Hi Erwin,

Thank you for writing.

We will consider to include a proper message when we are working on the issue. Generally the string represents the type name (for example System.Int32).

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
GridView
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
erwin
Top achievements