This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multi level grid

1 Answer 61 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Muhammad asked on 02 Apr 2019, 11:17 AM

Hi,

I am trying to implement 3 level grid following the approach used in Server Hierarchy demo https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid/serverhierarchy. Is it possible or i should use ClientDetailTemplateId approach?

If it is not possible to use server hierarchy approach for multi level grid then can i use both approaches together? .DetailTemplate for second level and ClientDetailTemplateId for third level.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2019, 10:04 AM
Hi Muhammad,

Generally speaking when server binding is used, the html table is rendered on the server. Which means the client template is not available when the html table is generated  on the server and therefore it is not possible to combine server binding with client templates.

If it is a must to use client template you will have to switch to Ajax binding where the table is generated on the client.

As a conclusion, you can create a 3 level hierarchy but you will have to either user server templates and server binding or client templates with ajax binding.

Regards,
Georgi
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi
Telerik team
Share this question
or