hi Kendo UI team,
here is the description of my problem.
Requirement : I need to plot Trendline and Standard deviation lines on a Scatter Chart.
I tried to achieve this using kendo.draw.Path to draw Trendline and SD lines
But the problem is
- kendo.draw.Path considers whole canvas as the plottable area with top-left corner as origin (0,0)
- Scatter chart has origin at left-bottom with some margin based on axis labels
- I could not figure out the mapping between chart coordinates & path coordinates
- How to get the boundaries of Chart Area in coordinates?
- How to get mapping between Charts data points and Path w.r.t. coordinates? i.e. the x,y coordinates of the data (1023, 3250) is (150, 320)
The data for Scatter Chart varies from decimal points to 1000s (on both the axes) based on the user selection. Hence knowing the mapping between the actual coordinates and the data points only solves the problem.