LinqDataSource Error from Just Code

Thread is closed for posting
4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ted
    Ted avatar
    47 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2008

    Posted 22 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    I have a few linq data source controls on my page and Just code sees them as errors.  I get the message ASP.Net tags: tag asp:LinqDataSource not registered.

    not a big deal as I can just ignore them now but wanted to let you know.
  2. Hans Kratz
    Hans Kratz avatar
    102 posts

    Posted 23 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Ted,

     thanks for your feedback.

    Unfortunately I can not reproduce this issue here, the asp:LinqDataSource tag is recognized just fine. 

    Could you answer a few questions that would help us tracking down this issue:

    1. What  version of Visual Studio and JustCode are you using?
    2. If you create a new website and add a asp:LinqDataSource tag in an .aspx file, does it also show an error?
    3. Is there anything special in the web.config of your website/webapp?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Kind regards,
    Hans Kratz
    the Telerik team

    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Ramon
    Ramon avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2011

    Posted 21 Feb 2013 Link to this post

    I have the exact same problem,
    It's being happening with several versions, I just updated to Q1 2013 and is the same thing.


    ASP.Net tags: tag asp:LinqDataSource not registered

    ASP.Net tags

    <asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource2" runat="server" ContextTypeName=" .....

    I get 362 errors in just code for not identifying this tag
  4. Ramon
    Ramon avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2011

    Posted 21 Feb 2013 Link to this post

    Well, very interesting... i just found a solution, it´s something about the schema cache...
    Here is what I did:

    • Close VS, 
    • delete schema cache,
    • re-open VS. 

    You can find the schemas under something like:

    or in my case something like:
    C:\Documents and Settings\hernandr\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ReflectedSchemas

    deleted all files, reopen VS.. and... voila... problem fixed...

    Here is the original post where I found it:
    Hope this helps,  
Back to Top