This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Link Autocomplete component to Grid?

3 Answers 67 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yifan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yifan asked on 15 Nov 2017, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is something to make a parent child relationship between an autocomplete component to a grid?

I used to have another grid to host the information from autocomplete which I can use linkChild() to easily bind two grids. But I couldn't seem to find any similar function that allows me to do the same between the autocomplete with the grid. If there is no such method exist, is there any walk around that allows me to do so?
Regards,
Yifan

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2017, 11:38 AM
Hello, Yifan,

I can assume that desired result is to link both widgets by assigning them a shared dataSource instance:

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/datasource/shared-datasource

If this is not the desired result, please provide more details on the desired result. A visual demonstrating will also be helpful. 

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2018, 06:28 PM
How might you accomplish this for a data source that is not shared.  For example we have a listing of clients as the parent and a listing of Meetings with that client.  It is possible for that client to have no mtgs yet.  I want to be able to look use autocomplete to look up all my clients, then create a new mtg for them in a grid, regardless of weather they have met before.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2018, 08:06 AM
Hello, Tolle,

If the AutoComplete will be used only to filter the clients inside the Grid, then the fact that a client may not meetings should not affect the sharedDataSource.

Could you please clarify the issue that occurs with the shared dataSource when the client does not have meetings?

Is it possible to describe the actions flow that leads to issues, so we can better understand the use case and provide a suggestion best suited for it?

Thank you for the cooperation.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Yifan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
J
Top achievements
Rank 1