This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Layout in 125% text size

3 Answers 304 Views
LayoutControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alex Dybenko asked on 29 Jan 2020, 12:26 PM

Hi,

if you change PC's text size to 125% and run Demo Application, LayoutControl, Frist look - the layout is different then in 100% text size, also resizing works other way. Is it possible to make LayoutControl work same way in 100% and 125% text size?

Thanks,

Alex

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2020, 11:50 AM
Hello, Alex,   

In R2 2017 we introduced built-in HDPI support in the ProgressĀ® TelerikĀ® UI for WinForms suite. If your application is declared as DPI aware, RadControls will scale their UI elements in accordance to the current DPI settings automatically. 

If you don't want this behavior, feel free to disable the DPI scaling. Please refer to the following help article demonstrating how to manage the DPI awareness of the application:
https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/telerik-presentation-framework/dpi-support 
https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/knowledge-base/hdpi-tips-and-tricks 

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. 

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Jan 2020, 05:23 AM

Hi Dess,

yes, i have 2017.2.613.40 and perhaps there is some bug in LayoutControl of that release. RadControl.EnableDpiScaling is not available there to try, and I don't want to upgrade to later version yet. Will try to use another approach instead of LayoutControl

Thanks

Alex

Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2020, 01:38 PM

Hello, Alex,   

Note that we already have a known issue about incorrect layout on high DPI scaling for RadLayoutControlYou can track its progress, subscribe for status changes and add your comments on the following link https://feedback.telerik.com/winforms/1372652-fix-radlayoutcontrol-the-layout-is-not-correct-on-150-dpi 

In R3 2017 we introduced the EnableDpiScaling property that allows you to enable/disable this on a global level. This is a static property of RadControl and must set before any controls are initialized, e.g. in the form's constructor.

Feel free to upgrade to at least this version in order to benefit from the new improvements. Otherwise, you can disable the DPI scaling in the manifest file:

<dpiAware>false</dpiAware>

Should you have further questions please let me know.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
LayoutControl
Asked by
Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Telerik team
Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2