At this point I cannot download products via the Control Panel.
The exact message I get is "Hmmm. It seems this installer is a bit old. Please, download the newest shiny version from here".The version it links me to is TelerikControlPanelSetup_2016_4_1317
Except I keep getting the same version, with the same error. I tried downloading it from the public site, and from My Account (which is current and my subscriptions don't expire until July 2017.
I do understand that the workaround is to download directly from the website, but I wanted to report that the Control Panel mechanism seems broken as of now.
7 Answers, 1 is accepted
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This is the expected update workflow at the moment. We are aware that it is not straightforward but it happens only when a version is deprecated (which is rare). The regular updates are automatic. Our development team however plans to improve the workflow.
To install the new version of Telerik Control Panel follow these steps:
- Start the latest executable file of Telerik Control Panel (TelerikControlPanelSetup_2016_4_1317).
- The first time you launch Telerik Control Panel and perform Install or Modify action of a product, it (the Control Panel latest version) will be installed on your machine behind the scene.
Telerik by Progress
You can download the latest Telerik Control Panel from here. To install the new version you need to run TelerikControlPanelSetup_2016_4_1317_1.exe and perform Install or Modify action of a product, otherwise the Telerik Control Panel is not going to be upgraded.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Telerik by Progress
If you are having the same problem I was having, I did eventually get it to work. I'm not sure which of the steps fixed it, but this is what I did:
1. Cleanup the cached download files for the installer, which default to:
2. Ran the "Change" task from Programs and Features (Windows 8 or Windows 10), which appeared to do nothing
3. Re-Ran the exe. This time it did not give me the message that forced me to quit immediately (which was doing previously), and I was able to login to my Telerik account and download things. If this does not happen, after running change, I recommend uninstalling the Telerik Control Panel (which I did before unsucessfully, but I hadn't previously tried doing steps 1 + 2 first)
It no longer adds a shortcut to my start menu, however, I just launch the EXE directly now. Hope this helps anyone that was not able to launch the control panel from the EXE previously
I'm trying to start the Demo for UI for Windows Universal through the Telerik Control Panle after made an update. But every time I start it I get the install screen only (see file attached, please). In an earlier version of Telerik Control Panel the start of it started the demo. How can I start the Demo now? I could load the project into Visual Studio and start the project. Bu this isn't really what I want to.
Hi Andrea,I believe it should have added a shortcut to the demos into your start menu. The Telerik control panel is to add new components or to update the ones you have installed.
many thanks for your reply. You are right I found the Telerik Example's shortcut in the Windows 8.1 Search. Now I added it to the start menu.
Many thanks for your help.