This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Latest Q2 2011 has issues

5 Answers 87 Views
Slider
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul Brun
Top achievements
Rank 2
Paul Brun asked on 15 Jul 2011, 06:15 PM
getting numerous errors indicating the following:

Error 7 The property 'TickTemplateSelector' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 6 The property 'TickTemplate' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 4 The property 'Ticks' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 3 The property 'TickFrequency' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 2 The property 'Placement' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 8 The property 'Orientation' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Error 5 The property 'IsDirectionReversed' does not exist on the type 'RadTickBar' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls'.

Anyone else observed this when upgrading their DLL's.

Paul

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Luke Daugherty
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2011, 03:50 PM
Seeing this too.
Josh Eastburn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2011, 08:42 PM
I get these errors as well.
When looking at the default style for the RadSlider, I noticed that the RadTickBar properties have changed significantly:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2011\Themes\ExpressionDark\Themes\Expression\Dark\Slider.xaml

It looks like all custom styles for the RadSlider will need to be updated to remove those deprecated properties.

Thanks.
Josh
Paul Brun
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Jul 2011, 09:02 PM
well, I wish this could be conveyed in documentation or release notes. So far, I found nothing that indicates there were style changes.
This is kind of upsetting.

Paul
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2011, 03:22 PM
Hi guys,

First of, let me apologize for the inconvenience caused. During Q2 we entirely changed the Slider default ControlTemplate (Style) to introduce major improvements in the templating mechanism. As a result, the control allows easier customization and maintenance with non-default themes and ControlTemplates. It underwent a major refactoring, which also resolved the current issues and limitations. Please be aware that the newly introduced style will cause some backwards incompatibility issues for users who already use custom styles. Not to worry though, for those users we will provide the needed assistance and resources for migrating to the new version.

We announced in our Q2 roadmap that RadSlider will undergo certain changes. However we failed to mention this in our release notes for which I sincerely apologize and we'll make the necessary updates as soon as possible.

More information on the new structure of RadSlider can be found here.

Let us know if you need assistance updating your old style to the new one. We'd be glad to further assist you.

@Paul - thank you very much for letting us know about the inconsistency in our release notes. I've updated your Telerik points accordingly.

Best wishes,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2011, 09:36 AM
Hi guys,

Just a quick follow up. We've updated the release notes so they reflect the Slider changes.

http://www.telerik.com/products/silverlight/whats-new/release-history/q2-2011-version-2011-2-0712.aspx

Kind regards,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
Slider
Asked by
Paul Brun
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Luke Daugherty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Josh Eastburn
Top achievements