Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
186 views
Hey,

I've set up a listview to be endless scrolling with a local data source (not remote). The functionality works correctly but I'm not getting a spinner showing when the next batch of data is being displayed. Should this work out of the box or have a missed a parameter needed in the set up?
$("#events-listview").kendoMobileListView({
     dataSource: kendo.data.DataSource.create({data: viewModel.events, pageSize: 30}),
     template: $("#events-list-template").html(),
     endlessScroll: true,
     scrollThreshold: 30
});

Thanks in advance

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2013
1 answer
256 views
I have additional data that I would have liked to be included in the option tag and then read after the change event. However, any data- attribute I add to the option is removed after I convert it to a kendoDropDownList. I do not wish to set the datasource and a custom template. I simply want the converted select element to retain its original properties.
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2013
4 answers
159 views
Hey, is there a way to have the scroll bars (or just the vertical scroll bar for example) always visible?
Missing User
 answered on 13 Jun 2013
1 answer
170 views
hi guys.
during  the usage of  icenium, kendo mobile and kendo web i have created mobile application that handle kendo grid. the grid get data using kendo datasource and webservice in asp.net web application that provide the data. now i need to secure data transport by user name and password but i didnt find example or tutorial how to do so.
can you point me a good solution to this?
what is the common method to secure web services? how can i send username and password in encrypted way before reading data?
thanks
maor
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
0 answers
99 views
edit: I accidentally posted this twice, so this post is obsolete. Atanas Korchev gave a very good answer on the other post.
ICT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Jun 2013
5 answers
620 views
Hi,
Thanks for the example http://www.kendoui.com/code-library/mobile/application/using-google-maps-in-kendoui-application.aspx#0 
.
I have used the sample in my application, works fine in chrome while checking on my desktop but nothing loads on firefox, I am using firefox 12.

Can't see any errors with JavaScript, I have checked with fire-bug.
Also when my colleague tried in his mac book iPhone simulator, it did not load the map.

Any suggestions? 

Regards,
Bala.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
2 answers
618 views
What's wrong with this picture. The grid in the attached image has a row with nothing in it. 

The bind method in the ajax call seems to work but no data is shown even though there is a row in the grid that shows a cursor when I hover over it.

// Razor
 @(Html.Kendo().Grid<MemberAssessmentSearchResult>()
            .Name("Assessments")
            .Columns(columns =>
                {
                    columns.Bound(item => item.DisplayName).HeaderTemplate("Member Name").Width(80);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.ProviderName).HeaderTemplate("Provider Name").Width(80);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.CampaignName).HeaderTemplate("Campaign").Width(65);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.ClientName).HeaderTemplate("Client").Width(50);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.ServiceDate).HeaderTemplate("Date of Service").Format("{0:M/d/yyyy}").Width(90);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.Source).HeaderTemplate("Source").Width(50);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.Source).HeaderTemplate("Edit").Width(50);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.ClientID).Hidden(true);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.CampaignID).Hidden(true);
                    columns.Bound(item => item.MemberID).Hidden(true);
                })
                 .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                            .Ajax()
                            .Read(read =>
                            {
                                read.Action("DoMemberSelectSearch", "MemberSearch");
                                read.Data("additionalDataSelect");
                            }))
                 .Selectable()
                 .Scrollable(scroll => scroll.Height(250))
                 .AutoBind(false)
                )

// Controller
[HttpPost]
        public ActionResult DoMemberSelectSearch([DataSourceRequest(Prefix = "DoMemberSelectSearch")]DataSourceRequest request, string clientid, string memberid)
        {
            var clientId = Convert.ToInt32(clientid);
            var memberId = Convert.ToInt32(memberid);
            
            var results = _memberSearchRepository.Search(clientId, memberId);
            var data = results.ResultSet;

            DataSourceResult result = data.ToDataSourceResult(request);

            JsonResult jresult = GetJsonResult(result, true);
            return jresult;
        }

// Ajax
var searchRequest = $.ajax({
                url: '@Url.RouteUrl(new { controller = "MemberSearch", action = "DoMemberSelectSearch" })',
                datatype: "json",
                type: "POST",
                data: json,
                success: function(data, textStatus, jqXHR) {
                
                    var grid = $("#Assessments").data("kendoGrid");
                    if (data.Data.length != 0)
                    {                   
                        
                        CloseBusyDialog();
                        setTimeout($("#dialog").dialog("open"), 1000);
                        grid.bind(data.Data);
                    }
                                              
                },
                error: function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown) {
                
                    alert("An AJAX error occurred while searching member assessments.");
                              
                }
        })   
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
3 answers
278 views
Hi,

I have a listview component that uses a template like so:

$("#listView").kendoListView({
                dataSource: _series,
                template: kendo.template($("#template").html()),
                selectable: true,
                change: function() {
                     var index = this.select().index(),
                        dataItem = this.dataSource.view()[index];
                }
}

<script type="text/x-kendo-tmpl" id="template">
            <div class="listItem">
                <input type="checkbox" value="#= id #"/>
            </div>
</script>

What I would like is for the checkbox to fire the listview change event, instead of the listview itself. How do I accomplish this? Thanks.

Tonih

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
1 answer
151 views
Does DataVis support writing of custom renderers for parts of visualisations, for example bars in bar charts?

We need to plot some bar charts but with custom bars (e.g. round corners so they look more like lozenges). There's also possibly a requirement later for overlaying custom icons on or near bars.

Would Kendo DataVis allow us to do this?
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
4 answers
161 views
I'm new to Kendo, so this may be a stupid question.

I'm trying to use use a hidden input field as a data source and this is failing.

<input id="jsonall" type="hidden" value='{ "university": { "AltBreak": "Yes", "ABAverage": "5.8", "id": "17360" } }'>
<span data-bind="text: university.AltBreak"></span>
<span data-bind="text: university.ABAverage"></span>
<span data-bind="text: university.id"></span>

var viewModel = kendo.observable($('input[id=jsonall]').val());
kendo.bind($("span"), viewModel);

But if I hard code the data like below, it is working:
var viewModel = kendo.observable({ "university": { "AB": "Yes", "ABAverage": "5.8", "id": "12345" } });

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Elizabeth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?