Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
273 views
According to threads in this forum from about a year ago setting the min and max attributes on the Date/Time pickers was not possible using the data-min and data-max attributes. I have tried a few things and none of them worked. Telerik representatives stated this was planned for a future release. Is this currently possible and I have been trying it incorrectly? If not, is there actually a planned release that this functionality will be included in?

http://www.kendoui.com/forums/kendo-ui-web/date-time-pickers/can-you-set-min-max-using-data-attribute-initialization.aspx

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
1 answer
65 views
Hello everyone.
I'm working one listview in kendo ui web.
i want create one pagesizesroll but i don't know do it.
who knows, please help me
thank everyone
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
1 answer
182 views
Assume I've got a template using a data-role directive:

<link href="kui/styles/kendo.common.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.default.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.flat.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="kui/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="kui/js/kendo.web.min.js"></script>
...
<script type="text/x-kendoui-template" id="kitten-list-template">
  <div
    data-role="listview"
    data-template="kitten-list-item-template"
    data-bind="source: imageDataSource">
  </div>
</script>

This works just fine. However, if I add the dataviz library, the listview role no longer creates a ListView control:

<link href="kui/styles/kendo.common.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.default.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.flat.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="kui/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="kui/js/kendo.web.min.js"></script>
<script src="kui/js/kendo.dataviz.min.js"></script><!-- breaks things! -->
...
<script type="text/x-kendoui-template" id="kitten-list-template">
  <div
    data-role="listview"
    data-template="kitten-list-item-template"
    data-bind="source: imageDataSource">
  </div>
</script>

Further, if I attempt to resolve this issue by fully qualifying the data-role, it also doesn't work (regardless of whether the dataviz library is pulled in or not):

<link href="kui/styles/kendo.common.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.default.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="kui/styles/kendo.flat.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="kui/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="kui/js/kendo.web.min.js"></script>
...
<script type="text/x-kendoui-template" id="kitten-list-template">
  <!-- also breaks things! -->
  <div
    data-role="kendo.ui.ListView"
    data-template="kitten-list-item-template"
    data-bind="source: imageDataSource">
  </div>
</script>

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
84 views
Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded from 2013.1 to 2013.2 and after the update my Chart's valueAxis don't scale to the values automatically. When I set min and max manually it works as expected and all values are within the visible area. In the previous release the value axis automatically scaled so that all values where visible. Did I miss a change and need to configure autoscaling somehow. I was not able to find anything in the docs.

I hope you can help me,

Best regards,

Pascal
Pascal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
1.7K+ views
I'm sure this is an easy answer but I've looked high and low and cannot find the answer. How do I dynmically change the content of a tooltip? I'm using the following code:

<div style="text-align:center;width:50%;margin:5px auto" class="inputbox numberSelected" id="ttAnchor"></div>
                        @(Html.Kendo().Tooltip()
                            .Callout(false)
                            .For("#ttAnchor")
                            .Position(TooltipPosition.Right)
                            .Width(200)
                            .Events(events => events.Show(
                                @<text>
                                    function(e){
                                        e.content = "test";
                                    }
                                </text>
                                ))
                        )

e.content does not seem to work. I'm sure I'm just missing a key word somewhere. I do want the content to change everytime the tooltip is shown.
Kelly
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
1 answer
115 views
I am using this method to render the data.
$("#foo").html(kendo.render(template, view))

Are  they any other code I can use to render the data ?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
3 answers
1.1K+ views
How to enforce the multiselect component to stay on a single line (when the user selects more elements than they fit in the width)?

Regarding the expected "inline" behavior, this: http://www.kendoui.com/forums/kendo-ui-web/multi-select/inline-multiselect-.aspx
seems to do the trick, but it's still not optimal because of the hardcoded size. Are there any plans to fix this?

regards.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
1 answer
320 views
I have a Kendo UI grid to which I want to pass a Model  that has data in it. Whenever I do sorting or pagination, I do not want to refresh , so I am trying to do ajax 

@using Kendo.Mvc.UI.Fluent
@model  IEnumerable<Models.TrainingVideo>
@{
    ViewBag.Title = "Video Management";
}
<div style="margin-top: 30px;">
 
    @Html.Kendo().Grid(Model).Name("WatchVideoGrid").Columns(columns =>
        {
            columns.Bound(x => x.Name);
            columns.Bound(x => x.Description);
            columns.Bound(x => x.LastUpdateDate);
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("EditVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Edit")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("EditSelectedVideo", "Home"));
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("DeleteVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Delete")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("DeleteSelectedVideo", "Home"));
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("ReplaceVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Replace")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("ReplaceSelectedVideo", "Home"));
    }).Pageable().Sortable().Scrollable().Filterable())
public PartialViewResult _VideoManagement()
       {
           Videos videos = new Videos();
           return PartialView(videos.VideoList);
       }

where VideoList is  List<TrainingVideo> and it works this way without ajax binding, however I am trying to do Ajax 


and Here is my ajax version

@Html.Kendo().Grid(Model).Name("WatchVideoGrid").Columns(columns =>
        {
            columns.Bound(x => x.Name);
            columns.Bound(x => x.Description);
            columns.Bound(x => x.LastUpdateDate);
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("EditVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Edit")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("EditSelectedVideo", "Home"));
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("DeleteVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Delete")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("DeleteSelectedVideo", "Home"));
            columns.Command(commands => commands.Custom("ReplaceVideoCommand")
                                                .Text("Replace")
                                                .DataRouteValues(route => route.Add(o => o.VideoUID).RouteKey("videoId"))
                                                .Action("ReplaceSelectedVideo", "Home"));
    }).Pageable().Sortable().Scrollable().Filterable().DataSource(builder => builder.Ajax().Read(read=>read.Action("VideoListRead","Home")))
and controller has 

public ActionResult VideoListRead([DataSourceRequest] DataSourceRequest request)
       {
           Videos videos = new Videos();
           return Json(videos.VideoList.ToDataSourceResult(request));
 
       }
I followed the demo closely but could not make it work. Do you see any discrepancies?

 
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
1 answer
71 views
http://jsbin.com/ofawul/3#/

This one's been bugging me but I finally isolated the scenario where is consistently occurs. Please refer to the jsbin link. The last item 'More' has a popover attached to it. This works ok on desktop browsers, but while I ran this in mobile safari, the popover appears then fades away immediately. I tried several workarounds (e.preventDefault() on the close of the popover, etc.) but with no success. 
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
2 answers
154 views
Hi i have a grid and i need to plan a scheduler from this.
How can i get the timeslot where i dragged?
var grid = $("#requestGrid").data("kendoGrid");
    var scheduler = $("#ganttScheduler").data("kendoScheduler");
    var itemUID;
 
    grid.table.kendoDraggable({
        cursorOffset: {
            top: 5,
            left: 5
        },
        filter: "tbody > tr",
        group: "Grid",
        hint: function (e) {
            itemUID = e.attr(kendo.attr("uid"));
            return $('<div class="k-grid k-widget"><table><tbody><tr>' + e.html()+ '</tr></tbody></table></div>');
        }
    });
 
    scheduler.element.kendoDropTarget({
        group: "Grid",
        drop: function (e) {
            alert("Dragged row 'uid': " + itemUID);
 
            //in case you need the model(data item) for this row
            var model = grid.dataSource.getByUid(itemUID);
            var aa = $(e.toElement).text();
 
            itemUID = null;
        }
    });
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?