This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Q2 2013 Wrappers aspnetmvc Examples not updating remote data

3 Answers 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
allan asked on 08 Oct 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm playing with the Examples code particularly the Grid widget. I have modified the connectionstring to point to a remote SQL Server 2008 R2 database. It's reading the data remotely but when I try the Add or Edit on either of the Grid editing samples (Batch, Popup), it does not persists the update on the remote database. I noticed that it's using Session and it's only updating the Session data. Is this the behaviour of the Examples code?

I wanted to see an end to end code that updates the remote database.

Thanks.

allan

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 08:56 PM
Figured it out now.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2013, 07:11 PM
Wow, that was a helpful follow-up.  
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Dec 2013, 04:24 PM
Just in case it helps someone else;

I found that the AuthorizeAttribute is causing my issue.
I have a Controller wide [Authorize] at the top of the class to ensure all calls are by authorised users; I also have Role specific attributes on some of the ActionResult methods; i.e. [Authorize(Roles="RoleName")] - these worked with Kendo in VS 2010 and MVC4 but they cause a 401 error in VS2013 with MVC5.
I have the application running without those role specific attributes and the kendo grid is working correctly.

There is a major shift in Identity and Role Management in VS 2013 MVC5 but, as far as I can see those attributes should still work.

Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated as I need to use role based functionality
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt
Top achievements